Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Historic Flooding from IMELDA In Some Areas More than 30 inches... 43 Inches in Some Areas. 1 Death So Far. Jerry Going to Bermuda? Maybe. Copy Cat Following Humberto.


Still raining after all this time.
And the rain...the weather didn't move deep inland.
It's spreading into Louisiana.
The TX/LA border of the Sabine River.
Nice little towns. Bayous. Swamps.
I-10 is still closed.
Many roads are impassable.
Flooding worst than Allison...
... a real mini Harvey going on.




The scope of this disaster is heard to comprehend.
The airport is technically open....
...but the roads to get there are under water.





Governor of Louisiana thanking the Cajun Navy.



I went out to take care of some things.
Came home and put on TWC.
Still raining, flooding.
Rescues going on of all kind.



Kind of says it all as I was taught that how people treat their animals says a lot about them. 

And we have had a death during this horrible storm when a young man was hit by lightning.


He was out in his boat trying to help stranded people.
So sad. Very sad.

People were begging for help.
Looking for ways to help.



Twitter account for the Cajun Navy.
If you know anyone who needs help...
...or you want to help.


I was going to write about models.
I looped a lot models.
Nothing new to tell really.
I have a headache and the models make it worse.
I had the sound down on the TV while writing.
And had to turn the sound up to figure this one out.


They are begging people to say off the roads.



And this is the point here.
I knew something like this would happen.
And the system was easily identifiable on loops.
And there should have been....
...could have been more warning to people.

Slow moving rains causing slow motion tragedy.
I'm not interested in the "center" the NHC tracked inland.
And I'm not interested in them telling people to look elsewhere.

Image of the cute map from the site they are sending ppl to...
...see previous blog. I love maps but that doesn't cut it.
Show images of flooding, do videos.
Draw maps like Cranky does.
This is tropical.
Earlier warning could have helped some people...
...prepare or move to higher ground.
Then reporting a TS formed and made landfall.




I'll stand by that tweet.
I've met him.
He's a sweet man, smart, kind.
Concerned and knowledgeable.
Doing a good job at the TWC.


So you want to know about Jerry?
Models in agreement.




Water Vapor below.




My husband used to ski often.
And I don't mean water ski.
He grew up in upstate NY.
He took his skis to school in the winter.
The way Miami kids skateboard.
He said skiers have this problem...
...sometimes with tracks from skiers that went before.
I'll defer to him as I've never skied in my life.
But it's logical.

Here's the MIMIC loop.


It's obvious until this pattern changes.
The storm tracks are set in stone.
For a while not the whole rest of the season.
Fluid Dynamics 

But at some point the Carib and GOM get hot.
Sorry but that's Climo.

One model I'll share ..
...shows a closed low in the Gulf of Mexico.
At some point the pattern changes.
African Wave Season ends.
And GOM and Carib begins.
And they get pulled North.


In the same way Humberto followed Dorian..


And Jerry follows Humberto.
Because lows go to lows.
and they try to stay way from high pressure.

I'll do models tomorrow.
Today everything is about Imelda.
May not have been officially a TS...
...except for an hour or half or so.
But it should have.. could have..
..been an Invest earlier.
More attention should have been given to it.
The tropics is more than just African Waves.
(yes i said that...)
And hope next time people are not blind sided.
So today is about Imelda.
And the families impacted and struggling.
Who will have to rebuild or move once again.
Just as they were putting Harvey in the rear view mirror.
So give charity or time to help if you can.
And trust me Florida is not safe for the season.
As they are most prone to be hit from the S or SW
Coming up over Cuba or from the Yucatan.
Think Wilma...
Later in October.

Listen I do this to help.
Hoping to help someone who feels confused.
I'm not doing this for students getting Masters Degrees ..
... or others who understand technical language.
But for those who need to know.
If I can help good.
I'm not charging money...
I'm not selling tee shirts..
(tho if I did I'd offer V Necks...)
And if I can help. Good.
Been doing this blog since 2004 or 6
(who remembers

So thanks and keep getting that word out.
Perhaps had this been an Invest earlier.
Perhaps people might have had time to prepare.
To evacuate. To move valuables up to a safe spot.

Much respect for the Cajun Navy.
For volunteers. For Red Cross.
For TWC nonstop covering the story.



Again the NHC is tracking the center up into N Texas.
The associate weather is ongoing near TX/LA border.
This is not just about Texas...
...but now the weather moving into Louisiana.
It's all about the weather...


Besos BobbiStorm
@BobbiStorm Twitter and Instagram
Updating in real time.
Watching more weather history unfold.




Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home