Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, November 07, 2017

TS Rina. Tennessee Flooding. Seasons Collide as Fall... Colors My World



Okay it doesn't look like much.
But it is a named storm.



A sort of Flashback to the early part of the season.


"As it was in the beginning....
....so shall it be in the end"

It's funny people love to complain. We've got a Tropical Storm wandering up the Atlantic not threatening anyone or anything and people are complaining. "It looks stupid!" "That's a TS?" and the list goes on and on and yet towards the end of the 2017 Hurricane Season we have flipped the switch to Reset and rather than having all Tropical Storms evolve into Major Hurricanes we now have meteorologists complaining on the poor structure of Rina the way they did with Cindy. To be fair I don't think Cindy ever looked this good. Yes, convection is misplaced due to shear however the structure is there and obvious.

rgb_lalo-animated.gif (720×480)

I doubt this will be the last time. I'm pretty confident we will have another named storm to track and worry on this year though the worrying may not be in Mississippi, Louisiana or Texas. It's just a matter of time in a busy Hurricane Season until something else sneakily pops up somewhere.



That said.... Rina is going out to sea.
Quietly. Moving the atmosphere around.

sat_wv_east_loop-12.gif (640×512)

It's not just an "atmospheric river" as the TWC is wont to say... it's a whole Ocean filled with bays and eddies and eels swimming round in circles in the Sargasso Sea and the air is dipping down from Canada on one side and oozing up into the North Atlantic on the other side. Yeah, I know I'm into weather and geography; I love maps. I love weather of all kinds, even if I am a tropical girl I still love a good snow storm and yes I'd like to see a REAL ICE storm someday. I'd also like to see the Northern Lights but let's leave astronomy out of this. (That was a joke... ) The morning water vapor loop seems to be my church to misquote Marren Morris.


Can I get a Hallelujah?   

Yeah.... love the water vapor loop.
And I love weather!



Weather happens with or without hurricanes. And, it seems in 2016 Flooding happens with or without hurricanes as this morning's lead weather story was on flooding in Tennessee. You can see the strong cells that went through there in the WV Loop above that contributed to 6 inches or so of rain and the eventual flooding. 


And to the East...far away is Rina.
Spinning on the edge.
Moving towards the North Sea.



Yup. Love the black and white WV Loop.
But sometimes color is good too!
Thanks for coloring my world.
https://twitter.com/sjltx1963



Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter

Ps.... 




Thanks to my "computer" I got a trip back to memory lane yesterday . . .






Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home