Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, January 07, 2019

Monday. New Week. New Models. Possible Snow Storm in the Wings. Keep Watching for it to ... Come Together


Quick post on the upcoming week and the week that was and how it's all connected. It's been warm and mild (though rainy) in the Carolinas this January despite every person who predicted a colder than normal winter we have yet to see it really take control. In November we had an early winter storm that much like an early May hurricane got everyone excited while many know that early May storms happen in slow hurricane seasons. Time will tell as always. There's a lot to deal with as there are two Jet Streams and they need to come together and hook up with Arctic Air to really get us there.


Yesterday it was hot, sunny and flirting with a high of 70 degrees so being the good Capricorn I am I figure if life gives you lemons make pink lemonade and enjoy it. So we went to the beach, Wrightsville Beach in particular as it's the closest beach to Raleigh and there's much to do in Wilmington while there. There is nothing like a Carolina Beach really and I've seen a lot of beaches from Seattle to LA to Maine to Miami. They are peaceful, family oriented more than most and filled with a sense of peace and a beauty all their own. The beach in the off season is always preferable to the busiest days of summer. Except for a spattering of blue tarps (not many) and the sea oats being thinned out you couldn't tell Florence had ever been there.... go figure. Florence was more a stuck rain storm and flooding event than Michael that sandblasted North Florida beaches leaving them looking as if a nuclear bomb went off in places from storm surge and wicked winds. It will take North Florida a long time to look as if Michael had never been there. I will say I noticed the hanging moss took quite a hit in Wilmington much the way Matthew pruned the hanging moss in Savannah. Life goes on at the beach.


There I am looking for a shell I liked.
Planted there, not moving til I found it.
I took off the leggings and put them back on.
Wrapped a sweater around me in case I needed it.
The pier is windier and colder than the beach.
Nuff said. It was warm but the wind was chilly.
The water was cold but not as cold as usual in January.
I walked barefoot in and out of the water.
It was glorious.


On Twitter people argued a lot it seems.
I missed it as I was at the beach.......
When there is no winter in winter...
...weather people get a little nuts.
When it's hurricane season and it's slow...
... people get very nasty and fight.
Weather people need weather like....
...I seem to need to see the ocean.

Luckily the models are tossing us possibilities.
It's going to be Mid January this weekend.
If not now when?



A voice I trust very much.
Before I lived here I followed him for hurricanes.
He's good, very good.
Further North you go the better chance of snow.
As always Raleigh is on the edge.


Always and forever ...
...seriously!
So I look to see what Allan Huffman has to say..


And Cranky brings it all together as usual.
He knows winter storms.
Does well with hurricanes but well...
...he is more in the heart of the winter world than me.
So you may want to read his blog.



NY/NJ/NE do they get a real winter storm?
How about the Carolinas........
As always great folksy advice from Chick ;)
When I suggested bourbon in my French Toast...


It's a winter thing you buy eggs and bread and milk.
French Toast for Snow Storms in the Carolinas.

Will it all come together?
Keep watching.
Time will tell.



Til then keep watching the models, enjoy real weather discussion on Twitter for a change and the possibility that we may be able to wear any new winter clothes or boots before we have to put them away for summer.

Besos BobbiStorm

Ps....and until then another Allan is right we will be watching the models and what all of our favorite weather people have to say. Speaking of models I'll be spending a whole lot of time on www.spaghettimodels.com


For one of my favorite people round here.... Yeah I want weather, I want weather bad and this winter has been a bit crazy and the crazier the better when it comes to weather so yeah... I want a crazy, Carolina winter snow storm and to talk endlessly about it online. And, I'll be in NYC in late January so figure I can see snow either way then .... (seen long range models) and early February in Florida so need winter weather NOW in January but either way...... grateful for short sleeves weather in January and the beautiful beach... but love a good ending with snow falling ;) Got home in time to collapse into bed under the covers cause when the sun goes down in the Carolinas in Winter it does get cold and watch the Golden Globes. Yay! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home