Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, December 07, 2017

On the Road North Again... For a Few Weeks


(note this map changes in real time...)

Okay I'll admit the thought of seeing even a few snow flakes falling mixed in with rain helped me pack a little faster. Hurricane Season is over and I'm officially in my mode of watching any possibility for real winter weather in the Carolinas. This winter in particular I am forecast to be in South Florida more often than normal so I'll have to plan trips carefully to slide in and out between systems :)

Hey a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do

Atlanta's got a winter storm warning tonight. Usually that extends up into North Carolina along the Piedmont Crescent. Greensboro often steals our snow in Raleigh. Greensboro also steals the thunder in the summer. I've noticed a pattern over the years I've lived in the Carolinas. Raleigh, always on the edge of the warning area. We will see what happens as the system evolves.

I'll say it again and again. Amazingly... 24 hours before it could snow we are never sure what we will actually see and the irony that it's "okay" to not be able to predict a snow storm ... yet if we are off on a 5 Day Forecast Cone for a hurricane or even a tropical storm there is hell to pay.

Anyway....... in Savannah for the night and then back on the road. Been in South Florida for over 3 weeks and had a blast being with my kids, some Grandkids, best friends and wandering my way through Bal Harbour and Aventura  Mall and it's going to be cold, cold, cold when I arrive in North Carolina. That's par for the course....

Hope whatever your weather is it's the weather you want and if not ... why are you there I wonder?

Been a busy three weeks. Babies were born.... people got married.... showers brought presents for babies not raindrops and we planted a garden at the old family homestead. I left Chanukah presents for the kids and South Florida is in the rear view window.

Mike's in full winter mode again yet many people still have shutters up in South Florida. One part lazy, one part tired and one part it keeps the AC bill down. Not really safe but it happens every year after a busy hurricane season and this was one of the busiest in years.

Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter

Ps... Prayers for those in the path of the fires in South California. Lived there, it's very real to me.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home