Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Updated! TD 4. Father's Day .. Some Songs to Make Your Fathers Day Better

Still TD 4 at 11 PM


No changes to earlier forecast.

Good link from www.hurricanecity.com

http://www.hurricanecity.com/wx/tampicoobs.htm



TD 4 has formed in the Bay of Campeche 
It is moving slowly at 7 knots West towards Mexico.

Recon found closed circulation and banding on the North side.
The NHC shows buoy data to back up what recon found.
Shear is expected to lessen and give it a chance to ramp up before landfall.
TD 4 while small will make landfall 


You can see the "look" of banding to the North.
Putting this in motion....

wv-animated.gif (720×480)

It may not look like much and that makes sense..
..as it's a borderline barely there Tropical Depression.
You can see the blooming look of a developing system.


From Tampico to Veracruz people will be affected by TD 4


There is a Tropical Storm Warning from:
Laguna Verde to Rio Panuco

The map below shows the area.
It also shows the elevation and lay of the land a bit.


I know it's not a lot to write home about.
It could... maybe... become TS Danielle
Will see if it runs out of water before landfall or not.



Just before landfall it hits a pocket of warm water.
Add in the curve of the coast...
Plus the High to the North.. 
TD 4 will spin better before landfall.

It is the 4th named storm of the 2016 Atlantic Hurricane Season.
It is what it is... 
I don't want to hear about maybe January storms shouldn't be counted...
Or was Colin really a Tropical Storm...
Deal with it. 
It is what it is.
It's an active tropical season when systems are likely to spin.

Does that mean we will have 5 landfalling storms this year?
Does that mean major hurricanes will traipse across Florida?
Can't tell you that.

All I can tell you is the numbers of tropical cyclones will be high.
And I wouldn't be shocked it we hit Nicole.
Honest.
It could happen. 
Probably won't but it could.


See the fine print there.
Be prepared: Visit hurricanes.gov
@NWS

Deal with it.
We are having an active Hurricane Season.

Time will tell how active.

Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter


Earlier article with thoughts on Father's Day is below...

Posting an odd pic here for Father's Day
My father is hardly in any pictures.
Annoys me as I know there are many.
Multiple computers, boxes and moves.

He was always taking pics.
My mother and I..
I had a party.. you know me.. dancing clothes always.

He's behind the camera.
He wrote my mother's name and mine on the back.


The man took tons of pictures.
No selfies. 
Sigh.
My father.. Sy 

...





70% 


This is a short story that is not a mystery.
You know the way it's gonna play out.
It may get an upgrade over the next day.
It could get a name but that's a long shot.
Happens close in often as they make landfall.

I have a confession to make.
When looking at this image below.
I'm way more interested in the tropical wave approaching SA


:(
Now you know where my mind is...
:)

To be honest for posterity sake...
..I'm following the invest.

I'll upgrade later today if and when it's upgraded.

Enjoy Father's Day.
Enjoy your father and or others who mentored you!
Enjoy your lives... 


To all the sons and daughters out there...


And to those not blessed with great fathers...
..but men who made a difference in their lives...


Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter

and... 

Personally I'd rather they save Danielle for a more beautiful storm but..
I don't make the call... time will tell.
Keep watching 
:)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home