Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Almost 2 Weeks to go... 2013 Hurricane Season & Flip Flop Weather



Welcome to the almost ready for prime time Atlantic Hurricane Season which is being brought to you by the Queen of Flip Flop also known as Mother Nature!

If you click on the picture above you will see several things...one is 2013 as it's the new site which Mike has improved and touched up and done what is hard to do which is perfect something that seemed pretty darn near perfect.

As for the world...the tropics are busy in the Bay of Bengal, warming up in the Eastern Pacific and a front is draped down into the Bahamas. That thin white line of clouds with some localized yellows and oranges is the ITCZ which stands for Inter Tropical Convergence Zone where things start to bubble hot and blow up into storms more often than not.. once we are deeper into the season.



As for my world, I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to make for the Jewish Holiday of Shavous which comes early this year and does not interfered with my storm tracking. It's based on a lunar calendar so sometimes it shows up in late June when some A or B storm is on the map. This year it's early, so it's a Pre-Season holiday and not interfering with me discussing some named storm.

Listening to Carrie Underwood singing Blown Away and enjoying a Mother's Day present from the contingent in Hollywood Florida who sent me this big package with perfumed soap and some Indian music and Country Music and all the things I love from the kids who knows me so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgoHgpsb9I

Carrie Underwood - Blown Away

Amazing CD and not just because it has weather songs ;) you're wrong, haha.. you don't know me that well. Smiling...

Dry lightning cracks across the skies
Those storm clouds gather in her eyes
Her daddy was a mean old mister
Mama was an angel in the ground
The weather man called for a twister
She prayed blow it down

There's not enough rain in Oklahoma
To wash the sins out of that house
There's not enough wind in Oklahoma
To rip the nails out of the past


And trust me there is a whole lot of wind in Oklahoma.............but for now I'm in Carolina making cheesecake and going to ballet class and wishing I was on Miami Beach staring out at the water under a palm tree and watching hurricanes and football..

My son is driving with his family cross country to Seattle for an Internship this summer at Amazon. Very proud of him, of them.. most interns are young kids he juggles wonderfully a great marriage and being the father of two small, active children with going to college full time to study computer engineering so that he can I imagine take over the world one day :)

Yesterday it was 88 up in the middle of nowhere unless you are a bear and warmer than it was in parts of Florida and the Carolinas.  My daughter in law Chani sent me this picture, it had been higher but this was where they took the picture. Am sure the bears were hot...there's a video on Facebook waiting for me.  They were going here...........with the kids to see the bears........

http://www.bearcountryusa.com/



Phil Ferro from Channel 7 in Miami posted this on Facebook.

Photo: As of 4pm Monday afternoon, the heat index across South Florida is in the 90's over many areas. Expecting a rare cold front for May to cool us down some by Tuesday.

NOTE THATS THE HEAT INDEX not the actual temps..

In Carolina last night about five miles north of me as the crow flies... and we do have crows there was a Freeze Warning.



Honest.

Yes sir.. Yes Maam... FLIP FLOP WEATHER..and I don't mean flip flops unless you are in North Dakota or Key West.

As for me...off to the gym... got to dance ;) (yes darling friend that was a song cue)

As for Shavous..

Let em eat cheesecake:

Mascarpone cheesecake


Besos Bobbi

Ps.. a link to my daughter-in-law's blog which is a wonderful read for anyone of any age but especially a young mother.

http://chanisbaby.blogspot.com/2013/05/oh-what-day.html

My Photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home