Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, September 09, 2016

Invests, Tropics and Weddings ...



This is the tropics today.

There are several possible suspects.


The orange x is 92L that came back to life.
It has a naked center with convection being sheared off, away.


Apparently Invest 92L doesn't know what to wear either...


You can see what I mean here...


It's going into the GOM thru the Straits.
Same set up as Hermine in a way.
Not much has changed.
Will it re-curve back towards Florida.
Could possibly do that. 
A lot depends on strength, high, fronts.
Let's see if it can find something to wear.

rb-animated.gif (720×480)

You can see the shear this thing is dealing with...
...yet stubbornly it hangs on.
Truth is it's the 3rd coming of this Invest.
I believe it wants to make a point.
Probably hit Tropical Storm status somewhere.

Invest 93L worries me a little more.
For obvious reasons.


Yeah that one could be a problem.

ft-animated.gif (720×480)

As for Invest 94L really spinning.
STAY AWAY!! 

rb_lalo-animated.gif (720×480)

Time will tell. 
Models haven't been all that wonderful this year.
I mean they didn't see 92L coming back twice?
Hermine mess...
In general NHC has done a bang up job.
Really... dealing with difficult waves and battling models.
Upper Level Lows appearing out of nowhere..
..creating shear where they thought there would be none.
More fun tracking Upper Level Lows these days.

Invest 94L is still far away and talk on that Sunday.

Either way if they get in this BOOM Zone it's a problem.



For now this is my life below.
I'm in the middle of getting ready for a wedding.

sat_wv_east_loop-12.gif (640×512)

Read on As the Tropical World Turns.


This is my crew at a Bar Mitzvah Party a few years back.
It's a long story... 
...we need to clean up for the wedding.
They clean up well historically speaking.
One has to get back from Israel..
..a few from Seattle.
NY Crew.. NC ..
I'm a little busy.
Thanks for your patience.


This is going to be a true from the heart post about the tropics and how they may or may not relate to Florida landfalls or any landfalls. I'm having a wedding next week for my son Mendy who is marrying his girlfriend Rachel. They have been together off and on for ten years or so with a few years off for breathing spells and to realize they really, really are better together. And they are...

This is them as young clueless, happy kids


This is them recently at a party.



This is their "Don't Forget the Date" magnet on the fridge.


Note they like wind and rain at the ocean.
Trust me...
... glad they like wild weather ;)

But really I don't want Julia or Ian to crash the wedding.

And I have 4 daughters.
2 of them know what they are wearing.
My dress is being hemmed. I decided.
I have 8 Whatsapp conversations going on..
..one with genius son talking on the tropics.

I'm caught in the cross hairs.

And watching the tropics nonstop.
For you and for me... 
For all of us..

So..........
By Tomorrow Night we may have a better clue..
...where 92L and 93L are going.
And we will deal with 94L later.

I'd be thrilled for some tropical weather..
..just after the wedding.

Life in the tropics... 
... tropical action does happen.

Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter

One of Mendy's favorite songs...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home