Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Remnants of Nadine 40%. Chance of Redeveloping... Maybe ;)

Ever have a pimple you just can't get rid of?

That must be how the NHC feels...

Seems she missed Portugal and Spain and England and every other place she was supposed to go over weeks of forecasts... oh well, as an old boy friend used to say "you win some, you lose some" and they lost this round. Hey, they may get another chance soon...

Bottom line
.. Nadine went South towards warmer water... from the NHC below..

"SHOWER ACTIVITY HAS INCREASED SOMEWHAT DURING THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS
IN ASSOCIATION WITH POST-TROPICAL CYCLONE NADINE...LOCATED ABOUT
575 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE CANARY ISLANDS.  CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED TO BE MARGINALLY FAVORABLE FOR REGENERATION OF THIS SYSTEM
INTO A TROPICAL OR SUBTROPICAL CYCLONE AS IT MOVES OVER SLIGHTLY
WARMER WATERS DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO.  THIS SYSTEM HAS A MEDIUM
CHANCE...40 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL OR SUBTROPICAL CYCLONE
AGAIN DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.  ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON
POST-TROPICAL CYCLONE NADINE CAN BE FOUND IN HIGH SEAS FORECASTS
ISSUED BY METEO FRANCE. "

Images are iffy but if and when she gets further south into this area... we may have to deal with her again... officially.


Keep watching....................the fun never ends lol.

Okay seriously... at 10:49 AM this morning ...around the time of the Tropical Update on TWC... we hit Fall... or Autumn if you prefer. What is the difference I'm wondering.

I did note some yellow leaves wafted down towards the ground just about that time. My mother asked me when I am coming home to visit her... ummmmnnn. After fall if I have anything to say about it. I missed most of it last year and as I have missed most of the hurricane season that missed giving us many chasing experiences... I really do not want to miss Fall. Especially, as you get a nice mix of turbulent weather when the warm wind from the south hits the cold air from the north and provides us with welcome thunderstorms, rain and very windy weather.

To be fair.. I did get to drive through Beryl.. which was a new experience as it was the middle of the night, forested and not like being on the beach in Miami but it was memorable. It was not much of a storm though ...

The whole summer has been like that... we filled our dance cards with unmemorable dance partners and bragged about how many times we danced and partied, but years from now no one will remember any of the storms except for maybe Isaac.

Well, as they say, the season is not over.

Neither is the Oklahoma game... going to watch the Sooners play football while doing other things and I'll be back tomorrow. Still watching that frontal boundary down near Florida, they are getting slammed with rain. Always watch frontal boundaries. Also, watching the one that is supposed to come through here later tonight.

Nice day today... beautiful day today. We all ate lunch out on the deck this afternoon... staring at the way the sun hits the leaves, watching squirrels do squirrel acrobatics as they raced from tree to tree and watching the leaves slowly begin to fall.

I want weather. Plain and simple.

I want to live a life extraordinary to quote an old song and I really think I need to find a new family to quote lol.

I don't like settling. I'm not boring. And, I like real weather!

Besos Bobbi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBYxg0Ddg0I&feature=related
yeah.... great song ;)
now we need some extraordinary tropical weather...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home