Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Nadine and the Red Invest and Mrs. Doubtfire.. what they all have in common



The world is a beautiful place... especially when you are looking down at it from outer space.. snapping images like we do Instagram at the restaurant of our favorite desert.

Look at this system... that has a 60% Red Chance of forming... though to be honest it looks pretty well formed to me.


I mean she or he or whatever "it" will be sort of owns the Atlantic Ocean. Looks a lot like Leslie did, except that Leslie was a named system and different... but similar. All storms are different but similar.

As far as it's track? Well, we've seen this movie before. Seems to be a popular theme this season.


Not much to add except ....watch her spin and enjoy her beauty. I mean his. Well, if it makes the name Oscar that is... otherwise it's just an "it" ... this situation is fluid. Tropical Weather is ALWAYS fluid.
That is what we love about tropical weather... 

Elsewhere in the tropics... 



Do you notice that the ITCZ sort of looks flat. I mean if that was a patient's heartbeat it would have died or at least been a Code Blue.. or is it Red? Well, you know what I mean.

It's still worth watching the end of the frontal boundary, though the flow there seems pretty strong and sort of the wrong place in reality for anything to form. But, it happens.

We'll see... waiting to see if the Invest becomes a named storm.. and that name should be Oscar.

Ever notice the name Oscar sounds like Nascar?  It rhymes. Something to remember for the future.

As for me... I'm going to watch the end of Mrs. Doubtfire and try not to think too seriously on the movie. Haha.. seriously... a comedy. Someone reading this understands... oh lord is that in my blog somewhere here too... seriously hope not.

I wonder how heavy that body suit is she/he wore... had to be hot, hot time of year to.. I digress. (Great line..."she isn't real"... when did that ever stop anyone... )

So, with regard to Nadine... it seems she has this thing for going Southeast...

"SATELLITE AND MICROWAVE DATA SUGGEST THAT THE TRACK OF NADINE MAY BE
VEERING MORE SOUTHEASTERLY.."

What can I say that has not been said about Nadine?

I suggest we all sit back, relax, enjoy the show and pretend she is a reality TV show ;)

Nadine is what she is... and Oscar may form tomorrow... forgive me for saying honestly I want a real storm. A real storm... a real storm to track, to study, to oogle and stare at and watch spin but will enjoy what is on the map currently.

There's a good blog entry here on storms that make their way back to Europe. There was Vince in 2005 and a storm that seems to have hit North Africa...  Thanks Jesse Ferrell for the link...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/weathermatrix/uk-azores-hurri-1/4511

When I was little... I used to think hurricanes went up north in the Winter and then they came back around the Atlantic in the Summer and Fall. Really. Nadine reminds me of those mixed up childish hurricane dreams.

The problem with Mrs. Doubtfire the movie... is that in my mind it always ended sadly. Yes, the father gets to be with his kids... but they don't end up together. Maybe there is an implication it might work out. Sort of like Electric Horseman... they fall in love and then they agree to separate. I guess the romantic in me wants to have a happy ending. People deserve happy endings. And, you miss people who make a difference in your life ... in one way or the other...and they leave. Oh darn I am quoting my stupid friend again. Sometimes you take a chance on a stranger, but deep down you know they are not really a stranger and sometimes you have to say "what the heck" and take a chance and take a walk on the beach or sit in the really messy station wagon and shoot the breeze or grab your tambourine and dance in the conga line (rolling eyes) and accept people as they are.. especially writers and producer slash directors.

And, sometimes.............you have to just accept a storm what what it is... a beautiful spinning wheel dancing on the water like a Sea Gypsy..

Visible Water Vapor - GOES East 12 hr Loop


Note...

How could someone not know... it's the same loop... I would know. I would just pretend not to to make someone else happy ...

Enh Infrared Satellite - GOES East 12 hr Loop

Maybe those kids needed eyes if they could not tell it was their father and not a nanny...

Sweet Tropical Dreams...

Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home