Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Tropical Storm Bertha Ramping up and Flirting with Hurricane Status!



According to the 11pm Discussion from the National Hurricane Center Tropical Storm Bertha is on the verge of becoming a Hurricane.

I guess as old friend used to say to me. I guess.

Looks more to me like it's falling and can't get up or is having a nervous breakdown and losing it's head. But they say it's on the way to being a hurricane so I will close my eyes, go offline and check back in the morning and see Bertha's eye staring back at me!

I'm having a hard time believing it. Maybe if I click my heels together 3 times and say "there's no place like home" "there's no place like home" "there's no place like home" I will begin to believe or be magically transported back to wherever it is that I would like to go.

Santa Monica Pier?
Vons in Long Beach?
Jahns on Miracle Mile?
The FLICK by UM?
Some BBQ Lunch Place on Coral Way by the old Gables Twin?
770 where I could sit and pray??
Coral Way, anywhere on Coral Way.
Back in Long Beach making different decisions?
Where Bobbi where would you want to be?

Trying to stay topical and yet the topic at hand is driving me crazy as there is something here I don't get and cannot see that everyone else seems to see.

Officially, Bertha is doing fine and dandy and flirting with hurricane status on her way wnw to nw to do a graceful re-curvature out to sea possibly slamming into Bermuda but we won't go there right now, hasn't even re-curved yet.

Unofficially, I still think there is something weird about this storm that does not work well with the models whether we want to discuss it or not.

It's all in timing, everything in life is in about timing and I'm not sure we have seen just what will be the timing factor with our gal Bertha and it's enemy the evil Sal.



The Ukmet loses her and the Ukmet has been more on the money than any other model so why suddenly fix what isn't broken?

I'm sorry.. she looks like she is being pulled apart at the seams and despite the incredible image of an eye trying to form earlier at the NRL slice and dice site.. it doesn't look as well tonight as it did 4 hours ago. The Dvorak looks crummy in presentation compared to around 6pm and those were only a few images.

So... is it too late baby? Is it? Or will the pack of models that say you are going to go hurricane and shoot the great divide between the Bahamas and Bermuda on your way to Nova Scotia be right?

We'll see.

As for me I am going to reboot my brain, go to sleep and see if I can see in the morning what all of the hullabaloo this evening was about Bertha intensifying steadily.

Nite 4 Now, Sweet Dreams Sandman, Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home