Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, November 04, 2019

Tropics on Back Burner This Morning. Small Town Sunday in the Carolinas. Fall Colors Beginning to Peak Through...Rumors & Wishes About Snow.... I Dusted Off My Fake Fireplace Heater.... Yeah, That Happened.





Sometimes a trip out into North Carolina small towns does provide a measure of inspiration that may or may not be used in a novel but does it matter? Inspiration is inspiration and watching people doing things they love be it making art or brewing coffee beans they roast themselves in the Foothills of the Carolinas is what life is all about. Doing things you love. An artist hired to work the Street Fair that usually has live musicians but hired an artist to paint live shared that opportunity with some local artists who set up their paint and boards and painted in the Carolina sunshine while people mingled about enjoying the beauty of the day and watching people doing something they love. Big thanks to https://www.onicasart.com/ for the vision of artistic creativity on display in real time. Check out his paintings, if you have the money and love one buy one!

 I had a very nice Sunday and sharing that with y'all this morning as the tropics are dead currently though there is a chance that something will pop up and surprise you later in the month. Ever be at a pond or a pretty canal in Miami somewhere and suddenly some fish pops out of nowhere jumping out of the water and you aren't sure you saw it or imagined it? That's kind of what the tropics are in November... wait for it, wait for it, wait for it... "WOW DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?" and then it's gone, poof... and you wonder if you imagined it and you wait to see the fish jump again and it's moved on down the canal somewhere else. It's kinda like that in the tropics in November.

Monday morning staring me in the face after a very nice Sunday out in Pittsboro one of the nicer small towns in North Carolina and we have many so that's saying a lot. Watched the Carolina Panthers beat Tennessee that oddly had Tannehill playing quarterback (luckily for the Panthers) and on a nearby screen in a cute neighborhood sports bar in Cary... watched the Miami Dolphins actually win a football game. This was followed by a food splurge I will not go into details but let it suffice to say I had Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes and Pumpkin Pie for dessert because I wanted to... and I did.

It was a full kind of Sunday, from wearing boots and winter like clothing listening to Country Music at a Street Fair then going over to the nearby by Trike Rodeo (really) with a Food Truck Rodeo where I found some fantastic coffee roasted locally. Incredible coffee if you are out that way or can buy online... best coffee I have had in ages and I'm very difficult to please when it comes to coffee. I may be a bit of a coffee snob just being honest.

https://www.aromaticroasters.com/about I had a Caramel Latte that was rich in Espresso and Caramel. https://www.instagram.com/aromaticroasters/?hl=en They had some Molasses Crinkles from another local place (sorry forgot the name) that led to a discussion on something called the Boston Molasses Flood and trust me if you are into history you really need to Google that. You can also check out my pictures on Instagram with the most flavorful Latte I have had in ages.



It's November and apparently I'm supposed to be writing a Novel but I'm blogging and that's just fine because my blog is my diary and there isn't much to talk on tropically this morning. Everyone anywhere geographically close to where there is a sliver of a chance of snow falling on any given day in Winter dreams of snow in November...and this year many people will have their dreams come true. It snowed out by the Appalachian State Football Game briefly over the weekend and online meteorologists are hyping the chance of snow in Carolina this coming week. To be fair on air meteorologists are hinting at snow somewhere near you this coming week.

So I'm just going to say ....using North Carolina as an example.... North Carolina is a big, long, wide state and up in the mountains if a cold front gets close enough it can and will snow and that's not Global Warming or your prayers coming true it's just a matter of Geography. You see not only is North Carolina long and wide it's got tall mountains along it's Western backbone and well between the cold weather coming down from the North and the mountains being high it snows early. That doesn't mean it will snow in Charlotte or Raleigh or Wilmington down by the beach but someone could get snow. Last year it snowed in Raleigh in November and then pathetically didn't snow at all the rest of the winter. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

Between hype and wishing you'll find me. Of course part of me always wants snow. Part of me wants a hurricane to track or even a tropical storm or heck I'd even take an Invest but I may or may not get either but no one outlawed wishing so just leave me alone and let me do my thing. I might even write because it's November and they have that "make you feel guilty you ain't writing a novel NaNoWriMo" that has great alliteration as does Tannehill in Tennessee.
https://www.nanowrimo.org/

So I'm going to do what I love today and watch some weather loops, read some Tolstoy (yes I wrote that) and make some To Do Lists because being a Capricorn and attempting to organize my life makes me happy even if it's just an illusion; sometimes illusions are good. Do what you love and love what you do and be kind to people today.

al_rCUMP_048.gif (600×710)

You know where to look in November for tropical action, so just putting this here as a gentle reminder it's not over til it's over. Maybe I'll write something more than a blog this November, it's only November 4th I don't have to make that decision today. Do I?


Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter and Instagram.

Ps... Sometimes you gotta get out of the City.
And go out to the Country or a small town. 
And just do your thing.
Or see others enjoying life.
Walking around NYC is like that too!
People watching... leaf watching.
Weather Watching ;)


Long version of that song.
Telling u that town rocks on Saturday Night too!
Some great Taverns that play Live Music.

Showing lyrics because.
Words are important...











Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home