Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, November 01, 2019

November. Tropics Quiet, Cold Fronts Flip the Switch & Cool Air Funnels Down with a Cold Start to November Everywhere... Except South Florida.




Rebekah and the Yellow Circle.
Are gone this morning.
NHC pulled the plug.
Cold front released cool air.
Funneling down behind the front.
Always watch tail ends of fronts.
And areas of convection in the Caribbean.

atl_ir4_sat_tropicalindex_anim.gif (640×480)

It's always amazing to me how fast cool air can funnel down after a front pushes up, swings through and delivers a taste of winter to the Carolinas where it actually snowed during the game at Appalachian State out where the elevation is higher and until last night they were most known as the place to go to see Fall Foilage. Seasons slide and shape shift back and forth in the Carolinas where it's cold in the morning and too hot in the afternoon as we begin November.


I'll admit I'd never heard of the school before moving to Raleigh, but it's the school where the locals go to enjoy skiing and winter sports and getting out of Raleigh. If they want to surf or fish or enjoy the beach they go down to East Carolina University or UNC Wilmington. It's kind of nice to have that option I suppose. So that being said I'm keeping this short today as I have a multitude of options as to what to do and where to go and I want to get out a bit and enjoy the beauty of a cool morning with the maples and the oaks colorful against the ever present Carolina Pines.

At some point I'll be back in Florida for family things and to hang out with my best friends, but if you are going to enjoy Carolina early November is a good time to do it. Pumpkin everything, everywhere while Thanksgiving displays are filling up the department stores and Christmas and Chanukah items are on sale at every store that wants to squeeze as much monetary gain as they can get before we get deeper into the spiritual part of the holidays. I love holiday time. I'm a sucker for holiday time. I'm a sucker for weather. Got a little last night, about what I was expecting more straight lines winds with a little bit of thunder and lighting, though some areas nearby got small Twisters and some big trees came down from the gusty winds.

November 2019.... the last month of the Hurricane Season when storms often form down in the Caribbean and catch a cold front out of the Caribbean, though it's a month that has been known to produce close in spin ups as well as those odd storms that form out in the middle of nowhere. Never know for sure what you will get in November, so make your wish list and keep it next to the "to do list" and buckle up as it's usually an interesting ride.

Sweet Tropical Dreams,
BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Instagram and Twitter.

Ps... posting this as I know a few people who love this song and mostly the piano parts.... Cold November Rain I pray turns to Snow... because I do so love snow ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home