Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, February 11, 2019

Missing in Action in MIAMI as the Snow Falls and Falls and Falls in Seattle. 2012 or 1968 Hurricane Season on My Mind.




Seattle wins the Snow Globe Award for the Winter of 2019. That picture is my son's backyard and the grandchildren's play world covered with white fluffy stuff and amazingly the snow keeps falling. My son loves the snow as do the children, my daughter-in-law who spent a part of her childhood in Postville Iowa does not like snow... she is not a happy camper.



I knew this was going to happen as it was only a matter of time that the cold air filtered in and settled into the rainy mass of Winter Storms that were marching through the Northwest that Seattle would end up stealing all the snow from the East Coast. I went to New York in January and I got stuck in a tropical like rainstorm as the temperatures fell and the wind blew but no snow fell from the skies. After the early November snowstorm in Raleigh we got nothing but windy, rainstorms alternating with frigid dry cold fronts. And, now I'm in South Florida ...what seems a million miles away from winter.



I took this picture yesterday....
...sat with a friend and watched the Bay.
Watched the clouds, the waves and we talked.
We walked along the water in 80 degree weather.
I'm kind of on vacation in South Florida.
And obviously away from blogging regularly.
That street is a hidden treasure...
..that only the locals know about!

Many of the snow pictures below are from online.

The picture below I took at my grandson's bris.



Normally I only post pictures that I can give credit to the person who took them, but these pictures have been plastered all over my family Whatsapp group and online. I've been at my kid's apartment in HULU land and not really following the news. A new baby was born named Milo Ezra and been enjoying some family time with Milo and other babies, children and I helped my best friend buy an outfit for an event she needed to go to as well as talked and walked and enjoyed being home. And to be fair I was very sick for the first several days after I got into town so I've really been out of it. And the amazing part about being in Miami in February is that you really don't have to check the Weather every 20 minutes to see if there was a chance of snow that they will take out of the forecast in a few days as they do in North Carolina. I'm enjoying being away from the teasing game of "maybe it will snow" next week that this whole winter has been like so far in the Carolinas after the November snow. I am so done with winter and getting excited every new model run only to have my snowy hopes dashed and torn to smithereens by the next model run. I'm done. I'm home this week in South Florida and I'm truly sorry but no I don't care if the next storm phases or doesn't phase or evaporates. I am so done. In Miami I know how to dress, what to wear and if I will need a sweater or leggings because the restaurant I am going to keeps their AC set to 68 degrees daily!



But I do love Seattle at the other end of the world more than almost any other place in the United States after Savannah and New Orleans. Maybe I love Seattle more but it's a long, long flight to Seattle from the East Coast and once there I just wanna stay. I did stay near this beautiful houseboat when my son was interning at Amazon one summer and it's one place I love deeply as the views from Lake Union are almost as beautiful as Biscayne Bay in Miami. It's a winter wonderland :) and the image of the Ice Age Dinosaur is just a fake but fun image being passed around online.


You can find more great pics online.
One good site is below.


My main interest in the series of Seattle snow storms is that this is basically a historic sort of event as it doesn't come often and the last time there was this much snow in Seattle was in 2012 I believe and that makes me wonder on what the winter of 2012 was like as well as the 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season because that's how my mind works. Sometimes there is some parallel worth studying and other times not. Time will tell, but it's definitely in my mind to look at those years to see if any could be used as analog years this coming hurricane season. 


It's just something I can't help but wonder on... 
According to a good site on Twitter...
.. we are now tied at a 50 year event as in 
1969



Really that is something to think on... 
Snowy Seattle Winters and ...
...busy Hurricane Seasons that follow.


I'll be back to blogging more normally next week with here and there blogs this week weather and health permitting. My youngest daughter Rivky is under the weather today and I made her soup and we sat and watched HULU documentaries which apparently were not as good as the NetFlix documentary on Fyre scandals and we watched romance movies with Southern Country themes which were cute and we are hanging out touching base. 

If you live somewhere that winter disappointed you this year, there is always next year. And, to be honest Spring is right around the corner and after Spring Fever (Tornado Chasing or Baseball Season) is Hurricane Season. So I'll be back soon enough, before you can say a wink and a smile!


Much Love....
....Sweet Tropical Dreams!
Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorn on Twitter and laying low in Miami

Ps... Loving being in Miami but wish I was in Seattle enjoying the snow but as someone told me recently you can't be everywhere at once. And, wherever you are it's good to enjoy where you are..   The famous Gas Works seen in the movie 10 Things I Hate About You are being used for sledding and snow fights this week in Seattle according to my son :)


P. P. S. Seriously not into "phasing" this week!
Rolling eyes














Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I want to use this opportunity to say every big thanks to Dr Ekpen for restoring my relationship back to normal by casting a love spell on my partner to love me again. Contact Dr Ekpen today at (ekpentemple@gmail.com) or on whatsapp +2347050270218 if you want to be happy in your relationship again.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Manasvini Verma said...

I contracted herpes  in 2015' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr OLIHA herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr OLIHA  have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated herpes  been in my body since 2015, Dr OLIHA make it possible for me. Here is Dr OLIHA email:oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp+2349038382931. and https://olihamiraclemedicine.webs.com/ *      

 

Post a Comment

<< Home