Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Cristobal Stalled & Spinning in Bahamas as Forecast... Invest 97L moves onto the scene.. Dolly? Probably



Big hurricane in the Pacific... 
There is no hurricane in the Atlantic..
Cristobal looking more like he's part of a trof axis...
And... some color out in the Central Atlantic


My mother who passed away this past year loved this song...and the singer. I made fun of him... however the song stays stuck in my mind forever. I hear it and I'm young...in that small little house in South Miami and he seemed so odd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBdSqk78nHw


I feel like that today... a little lost, very tired and fighting off a headache that doesn't go away... won't stay away no matter what I do. Allergies..

So what's up in the tropics tonight?

Cristobal has finally strengthened enough to have his barometric pressure fall below 1000mb.

Still does not look like a tropical storm. Do we know for sure those winds are sustained and not long gusts?

avn_lalo-animated.gif (720×480)

I've heard it said it's path has been erratic. I think what they mean is "okay maybe it looks like it's falling a drop to the south or reforming again" but they didn't want to say that...

It's a very inconsistent system. One minute it looks like this:



Then it looks like this:




Just doesn't really look like a Tropical Storm... 

Do you see it going North at 6 MPH?  No... I don't either.

rb-animated.gif (720×480)

Why is he stalled? The front has passed him by... trapped him in a limbo of spinning about.

latest_wv_loop.gif (535×440)


Even over hot water he doesn't do well.

Why??? Because he is not properly aligned.

I have a friend who would drive me crazy years back with this concept. Stewart talked on it earlier today. 

If a storm does not start out stacked properly it spends it's time trying to get going. Think of it as a child with a dysfunctional home. Nothing feels normal except dysfunctional. Cristobal is dysfunctional.

Now tomorrow we may see a different storm. It's name may be Dolly in the Atlantic. Nah..being silly.

Honestly...... the front moves on... slowly the real center stands up and shouts... "HERE I AM" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO3Gb5mkwTc

He could do it. Some models even take him up to the Atlantic and do this swirly dance and bomb out and well okay it's the Canadian model but it's a model... 


Oh by the way that system sitting N of PR is not Cristobal and Dolly...
Cristobal is that very dark blue mass up in the North Atlantic...

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/cmctc2.cgi?time=2014082412&field=Sea+Level+Pressure&hour=Animation
(press forward..go for it)

What is new is... Invest 97L out in the Central Atlantic

Invest 97L is moving so fast that it would give Cristobal a panic attack

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/97L/imagery/jsl_lalo-animated.gif

jsl_lalo-animated.gif (720×480)

So fast the floater cannot keep up with it... racing towards warmer water and better days.


If Invest 97L gets an upgrade she will be DOLLY. 

My thoughts on Cristobal....

Cristobal has been a very messy storm with multiple centers and until that changes ANY path is possible, though it is most likely he will go OTS and that means Out To Sea....... 

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/day0-7loop.html
7 day loop from NHC changes often.

Models continue to show possibilities for a westward movement...despite the overall out to sea path most likely.


Remember this is one of the BEST forecasters at the NHC not little ole me
(not that little ole me doesn't know my tropical stuff)



Nothing says more than that one paragraph.... 

I'm not saying it's a crap shoot, but in ways it is and you can usually bet on CLIMO and the odds are on it going out to sea with the next front. IF it stays too long...too weak... wanders west... the cone will change and they will keep everyone informed. They being the NHC. 

Models come. Models go. 

We will know soon enough... 

As for Dolly or Invest 97L the wave out in the Atlantic. Could definitely form..

Cristobal could become a hurricane... it's over warm water and if it's gonna do its gonna do it soon.


That is a tremendous amount of energy building up in the Bahamas trapped with no where to go in the short term. A lot to think on...

As for me... missing a certain chiropractor who would fix me... massage my neck and hold his hands over my temples and whisper "where's the pain" and the pain would gone... or I'd tell him "he's the pain" and really miss that man. Good friend. A real healer. Even now I want to say a real pain in the lol...

Gonna put on some Harvey music...as I have his music (of course right??) and going to let the world spin without me tonight. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYSBgRPKtmk

Seen a lot of people lately worried on the world and it's many problems from the Mid East to California with a sudden earthquake in some people's back yard... everyone seems tense and on edge lately. Not me... I'm focused on the weather... and NFL football in 2 weeks. And, the rest I pray on and keep my thoughts to myself.

Oh and as for that Ice Bucket Challenge... I wrote a check ;)

So... every thing's all right... no worries (hate that saying) and keep the faith... 

Sweet tropical dreams... 

Bobbi Storm
Ps... lights off, candle burning... loop looping quietly and listening to Harvey's music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTrk4X9ACtw

(Dear Harvey... 
Trouble misses you...
Love Trouble) 
lol




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home