Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Watchings Models & Patterns in the Caribbean. 5.8 Earthquake Mona Passage. Maya Angelou Passes Away..

In our neck of the woods all is still quiet in the Atlantic...
a weakened Amanda moves very slowly towards Baja in the EPAC
some of her moisture may be coming to a town near you though...



You can watch this process on the loop below...watch the oozy oranges moving into the..
Gulf of Mexico..

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/mimic-tpw/natl/anim/latest72hrs.gif

I call this image Oozy Orange..



Something to watch and keep an eye on.. 
This is how the season starts... in bits & pieces ...
warmer waters as the tropics heat up..slowly..
day by day... 
wave by wave...



Luckily if you live in FLORIDA you can start preparing this coming weekend and it's TAX FREE!
Doesn't get much better than that...
Don't complain in late July that Miami or Tampa Bay are under the gun 
and you had to rush out buying expensive hurricane supplies
Get em now ... tax free... 
check the details... the devil is always in the details




www.flhurricane.com has been advertising this great opportunity online..
Good for them........ people need to know..


Sometimes I feel like I grew up on www.flhurricane.com. I mean I go back to when it was known as Cyclone's Central Florida Hurricane Center. Sometimes I wonder what some people think I remember or don't but I am digressing. Then again I probably spent my pre-teens on AOL MESSAGE BOARDS aka "HURRICANE HISTORY" and then moved on to www.flhurricane.com where I post often as LOISCANE because I didn't want to be Bobbi there :) but that's a different story... moved on to my teen years on www.flhurricane.com where I still hang out...  and I'm here... Bobbi Storm :)



A friend teased me the other day that I have migrated to TWITTER :) Ummmm well he would know.
@bobbistorm
I find Twitter the best place for fast info on a wide variety of topics.
I still love message boards.
I love to talk about the tropics.

Yesterday I was speaking to a group of people about how hard it is to predict how this upcoming season will turn out. I gave the example of if a volcano blew it's top in the Caribbean it could possibly affect tropical formation within that region. I think the jury is still out ... the same way people argue if there is such a thing as "earthquake weather" which I know because I used to watch people talk on the old Earthquake Board on AOL (smiling... again all meteorologists are wannabe geologists and find a geologist and you'll find a wannabe meteorologist...)

http://www.wired.com/2012/03/volcanoes-and-hurricanes-mortal-enemies-best-friends/

A rather strong earthquake just occurred in the Dominican Republic.
5.8 is strong and damage reports will most likely come in.. the Mona Passage is rocking & rolling today!




Back to hurricanes and the tropics.

The models are trending...surging... retreating...trending again. Sort of like watching waves at the beach. Things get choppy...they calm down...then suddenly waves pick up again.

An enjoyable friend on Twitter puts it well.. "TRENDING" and that is what we do this time of year.. we watch the TRENDS and the MODELS and we wait for a REAL SYSTEM TO FORM..



He's good. He's fun. He's got style.

Now all we need is for something to spin up in real time vs model time..

Mike puts it well on his Facebook Page..


What do I think?

BobbiStorm's Bottom Line:
Whatever comes up from the Caribbean will help erode the High... 
The HIGH that has given South Florida a DRY MAY

That high keeps vibrating back and forth but it just won't let go.. 
something to watch and pay attention to.. 
trends, patterns and climatology


Keep watching and while you are watching ..if you live in FL...start making a list and then ..
GO SHOPPING!!


Check out this site for the actual details:
http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/tips/tip14a01-03.pdf

Besos Bobbi
Ps.. Maya Angelou passed away today. Sad... "a caged bird stands on the graves of dreams" we all lost a beautiful voice today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7A7ZKluns



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home