Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Hurricane Chana Hits My House...



Hurricane Chana doesn't like Pro-football but she loves Canes Football ... she's watching the guy with the cheese head and telling me that her grandson Chaim has one of those. Yes, Ronnie bought a cheese head while visiting Shuky in Iowa last year. He loves cheese. I loved Brett Favre... sigh.

Mother attributes the Canes loss to the lack of really BIG players that the Gators had..something about first year puny freshman getting stomped on by those big Gator players.

Seems she likes football, just Cane Football. Not Pro Football. I guess the pro football players are TOO big and get hurt more???

She's nervous about Ike. She is convinced she needs to go back to Ronnie's house because maybe Ike will come... I should call Ronnie and give him a Hurricane Chana Update, he's out somewhere unaware Mother is going there later just in case Ike veers suddenly NNW and zooms towards Miami at 40 mph forward speed.

"We are NOT out of the woods Yet!"
"Some bands could come up this way."

She just saw on TV there are bands with showers headed this way.

Note the key chain she holds.. I brought her that back years ago from Crown Heights, from Drimmers..the old Drimmers on Kingston Avenue.

Yup..Hurricane Chana holding her Chana key chain.

Awww now I feel so bad. She just told me she once watched a championship Dolphin game with my father who was screaming "we won! we won!" and she had my key chain on her and she thought of me.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww so cute. so sweet.

I can't put on TWC now and watch the updates cause she will see the storm and freak out and ask where she will go if Hurricane Ike zooms NNW towards Miami and hits the keys like Donna did...

Now she noticed one of the Dolphin players has long hair like a girl....

help..........

And, tales of Uncle Oscar who was writing out a whole grid on paper of the moves the Gators were making and Daddy was upset because he didn't want her to interrupt her.. seems she wanted to go for ice cream.... they were dating and Oscar her should rest in peace was writing out moves and didn't tell her to be quiet but Oscar kept giving her looks with the pen and said with the pen in his hand and said, "see this pen?" and she thought to herself... I better get out of here fast because when Oscar was watching or listening to Gator Football.. you didn't disturb him. Luckily Daddy took her out for ice cream, they got married. I am here... being told all about Hurricane Donna and family memories and how she is old and frail (yeah right) and doesn't want to be alone in a storm which she is NEVER alone, EVER in a storm but...she worries because she has been in EVERY storm that Miami has gone through and she knows their power, she knows they can turn quickly and change their motion or intensity.

She knows that we are not out of the woods yet. She doesn't care about models or my friends at the NHC or my friends online or my ability to read a Water Vapor loop. She isn't interested in Jeff Masters Blog or Joe Bastardi or Jim Williams. She isn't interested in hearing anyone tell her anything about Ike until Ike is past the western coast of Cuba and we are out of the woods.

Because she has lived through those historical tracks on wunderground. She watched as somehow storms lifted off the coast of Cuba and headed for Florida.

So..she sits and waits like most of Florida for Ike to keep on moving into the Gulf, somewhere else ...

Know why she is here? Cause Ronnie is out buying a computer and so she diverted her path to the west and came to my house, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive.

And, I am happy... because we are having a nice time talking over family memories.

Hurricane memories and football memories and mother memories...

Bobbi...here caught in the eye of the storm.. Hurricane Chana, my mother... smart, classy, beautiful, creative woman who has clamped down like a pit bull wearing some lipstick on my house, no shutters would keep her out... and I wouldn't want to keep her out I got my brains from her, my ability to write and my ability to dance.

She kept the singing voice genes to herself... she sang Opera when she was young and she has the same shape today she had way back then, amazing! She sang in Aida in some outfit that made her look like Shakira with a voice like an angel.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Grand_Opera



Yup.. way back she was called Annette before she became orthodox and her center reformed to the right and she became Chana she sang her heart out with big bands in downtown Miami and with the Opera Guild....

Ps..damn they just broke in with an update... she's explaining how hurricanes work, warm water in the straits...oh lordie, lordie... she said the forecast is conjecture, nothing more.

help............... I just put on TWC and they had a diaster show with a house falling into the sea and she said, "what the hell is THAT"

Wo...safe back to the Dolphin Game...

help.............send water, send liqour.... send in the marines ;)

Everytime she gets worried on the storm I bring up my son Shuky. She's real excited Shuky is a Tatty (daddy) and boy when my brother Ronnie gets back from shopping for a new computer is he going to get an earfull!

She just told me the Fins are losing. The Canes lost. This isn't a good sign she said...

JAY!!!! Help!!!

:(

3rd Quarter... no relief in sight, hunkered down in the eye of Hurricane Chana and thinking how much I love her.. she is sitting here, stalled waiting for the steering currents that will bring my brother Brian to move back South from Broward County to North Miami Beach at which time she will leave here..travel slightly north of east to his house and ask him if he is sure, really sure...really, really SURE she can stay there if and when Ike leaves Cuba and comes here...



My world.. welcome to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home