Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, August 08, 2005

Officially bored with the Tropics....

I knew that the moment I scrolled down on Drudgereport and clicked on the Quake Sheet.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.html

Bored. Definitely.

Well... with the most boring pair of tropical storms this side of Kansas playing out there in the wide open Atlantic... dust eating up the moisture of the waves like an energizer vacumn cleaner... BORED.

Burns told me to sing, "good night Irene" and I would but I'm not much of a singer. More a dancer and haven't been doing enough of that lately I think.. the more I think on it.

Peter Jennings died. Yes, it is sad. I did like him more than most news anchors. Took me a second, thought he died and then remembered he announced he had cancer.

Someone I know was very upset. They told me this morning how they couldn't function, cried all night. Did you ever notice how people who are basically cold hearted bitches who have no sympathy or concern for practically anyone around them they are so self-absorbed oddly cry for people they don't know but watch on TV and yet they couldn't care about or go out of their way for and when they do go out of their way as a favor they have this pained, annoyed look. No they have no sympathy for people in their family or their block but they cry rivers of tears over someone they don't know who is on TV dying. Not saying that we are individuals don't connect to performers.. to guys like Peter Jennings who we let into our homes and hearts every night.. to the singers and artists whose work we love. Trust me I worry on Willie Nelson dying more than most people I know but the point is... I have found the people who seem most upset about strangers dying seem to care the least about the people they live with and work with everyday. Never quite understood that one.

My ex in ways is like that as well. The moment I hear some great movie actor died I worry on him being upset. But, he gets upset over things closer to home as well. Ex-spouses are such complicated relationships when we remain close and don't just put up walls and shut down all communication. You know you can't work it out, resolve it and don't really try but you know there is a bond that exists that is special. Mine sent me a framed picture of Holly GoLightly from an original poster of Breakfast at Tiffanys he found somewhere in Ny.. small framed copy, beautifully framed. Told my son to give it to me as soon as he saw me and he knew I would love it. It was very endearing and nicer in ways that the child support he doesn't send lol. Hey, if the man ever makes it on Broadway or the movies I will let him have the kids while I go off to write... and he would take them.. and the younger ones who I raised who are close with him would go. So, one day it may all even out. Either way.. I loved the framed present. Beautiful.

Life is complicated. It can't be figured out easily like some mathematical equation.

Reading along in hurrcity and other sites this morning.. trying to play catch up but there is no real catch up to play because nothing is going on in the tropics.

Redsox are losing.. crazy writer friend who I love dearly is keeping me informed better than any yahoo sports news can and the son that they have taken over his head fills in what else was left out.

Marino is a Hall of Famer. Duh... nice though.

Fins play tonight. Might only be exhibition but I'll be wearing something special and rooting for the Saban Generation to be a winning generation.

As for the tropics.. one last peek around... a wave entered the Caribbean today, struggling against sheer and may develop down the road.

If you really need a fix of fantasy... enjoy the FSU model or whatever it is.. it's still dreaming of Canes. Like someone else I know..

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/mm5fsutc2.cgi?time=2005080800&field=Sea+Level+Pressure&hour=Animation

later.. Bobbi Boo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home