Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, August 05, 2005

TD9 and the wave Behind it... links..

Beautiful link. My friend from WxAmerica has it on his morning newsletter. Nice view.

http://meteosat.e-technik.uni-ulm.de/cgi-bin/meteosat-latest?imgtype=color&format=gif&DTOT.x=36&DTOT.y=40

Shows the wave that is behind what will be Irene..

Think that the early announcements of Irene smelling fishy is a bit too premature. Yes.. she is up around 14 but that could be adjusted further south seeing as her center is so messy according to Stewart this morning in his morning discussion. And, also.. as mentioned before she has a long tail which sort of may anchor her. Either way we are going by long range visuals and it's not the same as having the planes in it or the Gulfstream Jet flying around feeling out the atmosphere around it to see which way it may go. We are talking long range models with a storm barely formed. Just a depression.

GFDL and GFS type of models want to keep the track further south whereas global models rush it north. Will see..Time will tell its nasty tale..won't it?

In heaven listening to my favorite Willie CD this morning and taking the late bus to work as cooking for Shabbos. The Great Divide. Song: Last Chance. I was looking for America in a western movie... he was headed down that dusty path....chasing down that golden calf. Now its my last stand in open country, this is my last chance to be with you. This is the last chance for this kind of man, I'm still looking for something to prove. There's always someone faster, someone quicker on the draw.... someone the younger, stepping up to be the last outlaw. Last stand in open country... this my last chance....to be with you (sigh) this is the last dance, for this kind of man.. still looking for somewhere to move.. lol. Whatever... love this song, can listen to this CD forever. Last night listened to a favorite MWS CD. A time for favorites it seems.

Food is cooking. Smells like Shabbos food. Chicken with honey - mustard glaze, eggplant for babaganush and gefilte fish log. Whole damn family is coming (talking 3 eggplants.. sister in law brought them over, she thinks large with food) as it is my youngest son's 11th birthday. He wants to go see Dukes of Hazard for his birthday, somewhere between trying to find him Navy Blue Pants that fit him and his sister's shopping spree on Sunday.. is there money left for me to take "them" to see the movie. Burt Reynolds, Willie.. am going.

Won't catch me crying over you. Great piano... after all the things you put me through. I need to be somewhere with room to breathe. Unreal song.. won't catch me crying over you. Did I ask REDNOVA to pop up on my computer just now? No.... won't catch me crying over you.

The day Willie dies. I am going to get so drunk you won't recognize me. No one will. For all the things I regret in my life, one of which is not going to see Willie play when I could have and not following my heart instead of listening to him play endlessly in the 80s by the fireplace in Long Beach. Though didn't know my heart was hiding in bushes peeking through the window on the other side of the house did I? Nope, didn't ..thought it was my mind. Double grand water trines should think with their heart not their mind.. ain't no air trine now am I? Like throwing cards and getting all cups ..no swords.

A feeling you give me when we talk on the phone, God I hope you are with me.. so I am never alone. Whatever you do. I will be there for you. Through the thunder, the wind and the rain. And, whatever you do I will promise to you to be there. I'll be there..for you. Promises kept.. promises lanquishing, promises tying us down. I may lack social graces. I won't swallow my pride. There are millions of places I could be but I'm not.. I'm here by your side. Whatever you do I'll be there for you. Through the thunder, the wind and the rain. And, whatever you do I will promise to be there............I'll be there for you. ...





We will weather the storm. Til the heavens divide us. I will keep you from harm. And, whatever you do .. I will be there for you through the thunder, the wind and the rain. And, whatever you do ... I will promise to be there...I'll be there.

Song should be the song of my life right now. Shouldn't it?

Long term promises, going over the cliff emotionally, promises made late at night in ravines and parks under stars and in the night, promises made to friends who are long gone and friends who are still here making sure I drink my water, take care of their sister... would take care of Alan if anyone could and promises made to my huckleberry friend who found me by accident one night, lost in the great divide.

Here we are acting like two crazy kids, we've come too far..

Just another love...lost in the great divide..

Remember how we used to dance forever, remember how I used to hold you tight. You asked me when I'd leave I said never. That's still right.

Summer gone... summer coming back again... other loves... lost in the great divide.

Well... summer is here still... still here... and so are storms and storm tracking and I'm writing a ballet only a few understand but all can see me dance the tango here, at hurricanecity and at the library.

So, so, so far away is our depression... Nine.

Haven't fallen off cloud 9 yet, have I? You were so worried once.. can't.. it's a long way down.

And, the wings of angels keep me up... inspiring me, helping me, providing me with things and yet not ever able to say what is on their lips, in their heart because they can't... they don't think they are mortal.. they are up there with Superman or Superboy saving the world.

Now you know why Lois was single in Metropolis going out to dinner with Lex.

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in... oh i love this CD.

Enjoy... http://meteosat.e-technik.uni-ulm.de/cgi-bin/meteosat-latest?imgtype=color&format=gif&DTOT.x=36&DTOT.y=40

watch it loop... go to www.hurricanecity.com or www.flhurricane.com and find yourself a loop and loop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home