Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Updated CSU Report.... Keeps 1 Major Cane in Predictions ..... NHC Says Nada Next 7 Days... Models Teasing Development Soon.



Good call. Keep the 1 Major Cane possible.

Next name up Christobal.


Possibilities down the tropical road.
Low probabilities currently but stay tuned.
Great App always!


There's the candidates over Africa!

We will see tomorrow what the models show...
....getting closer to something vs nothing.

I spent a good part of the day yesterday cleaning and organizing in the closet. Staying busy rather than obsessing on the summer heat and the quiet tropics. I found old diaries of various kinds. Life, learning, hurricane season, etc. And, the page I opened up to was Hurricane Gordon. There's serendipity, a wonky storm in an El Nino Year! So posting here the a short entry from the hurricane diary from when I was younger and apparently giving my thoughts on life and Hurricanes. Haha I haven't changed much have I?  Sounds so young and "OMGosh" lol. Ironically I mentioned Gordon the other day and apparently I went long on Gordon in 1994. This morning my thoughts on Gordon show up so thought it was worth sharing.

"Tropical Storm Gordon came up from the Caribbean, made a circle around Cuba and now is going NNW parallel to the lorida coast. Occasionally we get a squall tho it's so windy-but it passes fast!"


I'm guessing I was here in the storm.


Suppose I thought it would just go out to sea.
Well, was I wrong.
But weather is locational....
...it was raining heavy we were on NE side.
Tropical Storm impacts recorded.
Early strange track.....
...eventually later track strange.

I lived about 3-4 blocks from the Atlantic Ocean, depends how you could Indian Creek on Miami Beach. After Andrew were were a bit camera shy about hurricanes, let them go somewhere else but be close enough to be able to go to the beach 3-4 blocks away and watch the waves and pray the ceiling didn't leak.  So gentle reminder that El Nino brings wonky tracks sometimes, and still delivers damage in El Nino years even when the "numbers" and "ACE" are suppressed. And, EPAC is busy beyond words.

Google AI below


2 very long lived storms in 1994
Alberto took 33 lives.
Gordon impacted Haiti, Cuba & Florida
and drove forecasters crazy

Stay tuned.

BobbiStorm

Looking back at 1994 Summer Songs..

Sorry NOT showing Lion King songs......












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home