Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Back from Vacation at Yasgur's Farm (Woodstock Grounds) and Watching Genevieve (Beauty) in EPAC. El Nino in Charge. Watching Stalled Out Front for Long Shot

 


This really says it all!
Pacific busy in El Nino years...
...the Atlantic is not.


Look at that perfection!


Genevieve
a true beauty off the 2026 EPAC Hurricane Season.



This loop tells the whole story!
EPAC has Major Canes....
...the Atlantic has nothing.

You can follow the influence of El Nino by looking at the bottom left of the loop above.  Moisture flows up into Genevieve...then up into Mexico and the SW (it's awefully hot & humid in Colorado and feels more like Miami than the beautiful weather they usually have in the Summer. Then that takes an right turn and feeds into the next system. Hot record breaking heat out West. Drought is the signature in some areas from El Nino and yet in the East there is a building, Nor'easter that's going to take over the weather news this coming week. Cooler air will filter into Virgnina and North Carolina if all goes well and I'm praying that verifies.


Not saying there is no moisture.
There's an old wave in the SW Carib...
...there is also shear.

And an old front draped across Florida..
East Gulf has parts of it.
To the East of Florida has more of it.

Cannot rule out an attempt to spin...
...but low confidence.

As for where I have been....
...it was a secret until it wasn't.


Stunning weather and cool air.
Friends of my daughter and music.
Good food.
I danced a lot............


Regarding tropics time will tell...
...as for me back from the Farm.
Yasgar's Farm aka Woodstock
Never had that on my bucket list...
...but my daughter does the Festival Scene.
She does the Art and art programs.
She's known to travel ...
Rainbow .. PSF Gatherings.
I saw mountains.
Mountain Lakes
Winding hilly roads....
... cool air!
Low humidity!

I went as she was remarrying her ex-husband
I even camped out (in a big RV)
Epic event really.... 
old pics from previous festivals... 
...so I get the idea.
.. 

Interesting mix of all types.
You know the saying...
..takes all types.

Old but you get the idea.
Definitely not my jam...
...but my daughter Dina's jam.
See video below....to get a clue.


(music campsite shown there... few years ago)

So I walked my daughter down the ....Trail.
after riding a tram to the tent..then the trail.
Lipa Schmeltzer a huge star in some circles... 
performed the wedding with some Rabbi ...


That's me in my long brown silky dress...
blurry water color memories...
:) 
Lipa watching us walk in...
...her friends watching.
Ps no one knew the star singer was there...
talk on surprises.
No one knew they were getting remarried there.
They've spent many a festival together with friends.

So that's where I have been!

below he sings a song "Believe in a Miracle"
So I'm believing in a miracle....
...hope the 2nd time is the charm for them.

Life goes on .... now I'm back in Raleigh.

Will update tomorrow.
Back to my routine.

BobbiStorm
Do you believe in miracles?
I try to... 
I believe in dancing :)
I do believe we will have more named storms.
Today I'm processing it all and relaxing :)
































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home