Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, June 02, 2024

Tropics Quiet For Now........Go Shopping in FL Tax Free Holiday Til June 14th. Will Tropical Trouble Form Close In ... in about 10 Days +/- ?? Who Am I? Who Are You? What Names Will Be Retired From 2024 Hurricane Season??

 


Nothing happening in the Tropics.
NHC says No, No, No!
But we're all watching this area.
Just because we watch and wait.


ITCZ juiced up.
SW Carib juiced up.
Frontal boundary stuck near Cuba SFL
High Pressure to the North.

Very Juicy Lucy ;)
No that's not  a sexual reference.
It's a type of burger.


You read my blog ...
..you learn trivia all the time.
I lived in the Twin Cities a few summers.
No, I never had one... more a sushi girl!

Hello again, it's me.  Still here, still a bit crazy after all these years. Still reading the signs in June and looking at patterns that may be important down the tropical road. I'm really crazy like a fox, crazy about weather especially tropical weather and winter weather. Is there any other kind of weather? Maybe, but not so much in my world. I live in the Carolinas, I'm from Miami and usually it's the only kind of weather that we can rely on to show up on time in the Florida Keys or Outer Banks. If it's August, I'm probably at Wrightsville Beach aka Willy for the surfers who are there for the waves but I'm there for the Sea Foam or the waves crashing against the pier or the incredible feel of the wind and array of clouds, like a cloud buffet.


Let's talk tropics instead of my interesting life. The EPAC is trying to get going, but it's having a hard time this year and last year which seemed very odd with an El Nino going on there. Their first named storm formed in late June and day by day we are still holding at 10% yellow "maybe" though convection looks good this morning. Purple red dots in bottom left of the loop above for newbies. Off the coast of Africa there is a too soon June tropical wave, it's tropical wave number 5 of the 2024 Hurricane Season if you are keeping count as some of us do... 

A big old High Pressure region is in the Atlantic. A long swath of moisture goes from the SW Caribbean up across the Greater Antilles NE out into the Atlantic. I'll be honest this bugs me as if has been persistent and it reminds me of last year when all roads lead to Newfoundland when many people on line finally learned it was one word not three! Some did not go there, but threatened then curved further East... but it was some sort of tropical obsession with Newfoundland.



I had some Cafe Du Monde coffee this morning as I wanted to pretend I was in New Orleans, or the gray fogginess of the morning here in Raleigh made me need an extra punch to wake up and get my thoughts together. My Grandma lived in New Orleans for a long while, and parts of my family worked and lived there way back when. I'm Southern, and it's one our cities such as Savannah or Charleston that make us all go hazy, lazy and talk about things Southern such as which city makes the best pralines. My Uncle brought me a package of pralines and a charm bracelet from New Orleans when I was a little girl in Miami and I've been crazy about them since then.  Have you tried one? You might become crazy about them too! Myrtle Beach sells them but while I do love Myrtle Beach they are not as good. And, don't even get me started on Texas Pralines or whatever they call them.....they are not pralines from Nola!


I'd say I digress, but no I am not digressing. I am obsessing on all my favorite ports of call in the Hurricane Basin and wondering and worrying which ones might be slammed with tropical trouble causing devastation to people and places I love. And, I'm hoping that people in Miami and Tampa who think they are charmed as they "never get hit directly anymore" wake up and smell the coffee and take advantage of the Tax Free Sale going on in Florida for Hurricane Supplies! Most of my mother's direct ancestors are buried in Tampa in a small cute cemetery where hanging moss hangs over or near their graves! 


Click for details or go to the sites shown way below.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/floridas-disaster-preparedness-sales-tax-holiday-heres-what-you-can-get-tax-free or go to the sites mentioned to find out the rules and regulations and the deals you may find! 


Did you know that when a hurricane comes too close to Savannah the hanging moss goes flying and is gone with the wind, literally and it's just the saddest thing to see when you drive in after a hurricane and there's just paltry lil pieces ... remnants of what was hanging from the trees. They finally grew back after Mathew which hit them particularly hard. Magnoilas are in bloom there and here, but I have a soap from Nourish that I bought the previous trip there and I bathe with it when they are in bloom in Raleigh! Now you know way too much about me. Though I wonder if this is the sort of year that the 1893 Sea Island Hurricane might happen, depending on the size, shape and strength of the High this year.



Seriously though, the best advice I can say today is........ buy hurricane supplies today!

Florida Tax Free Hurricane Supplies until June 14th, stop reading my blog and get out there and shop using the list of supplies you have carefully put together for your own specific needs (I hope) even cat food (up to a certain amount) is tax free! In today's economy that's a win/win even if you don't use it for a hurricane your cat always needs to eat and the price is only going up! 

Sweet Tropical Dreams,
BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter and Insta
Twitter mostly weather, Insta whatever.

Ps Thanks goes to DaBuh for always making me smile when I need it and also pointing out the obvious that June named storms often form in this general area around Florida (East or West...) especially from old decaying frontal boundaries as I have typed at least a million times.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home