Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Wacky Winter Weather in Vegas -- Odd Signals At the End of Winter & Looking Towards Spring





My kids have friends who are also my friends who live in Las Vegas. They have been somewhere between "OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT!!" to "I moved here to get away from the crappy snow in Iowa" and amazingly it's snowed more days in Las Vegas this winter than in Raleigh North Carolina. 



Check her out to watch the pooch playing in the snow.


When it snows here or anywhere I am I'm more like the little white pooch running around saying excitedly "it's SNOWING!" and not everyone is as happy as I am but when it snows I'm happy. 




This is a tornado over snow in New Mexico.
The desert Southwest is getting wacky weather.
Snow sucked up into the Twister. 

Weather is all messy this year!


Some call that #Farklempt 
That's what she/he said!!

Is the Modoki El Nino the culprit here?
Maybe.... 
... but it's getting old if you ask me.
Will it still be there in September?


People are whispering on Mr. Modoki more than talking.
I mean it's always in a state of flux.

Everyone needs a hero or a villain ...
Which is it?


I decided I need to go back to my first love more often.
Broadway Musicals.
During the off season I have needs.

Woke up at 5 AM and half asleep I thought:
"Oh I should grab my fone and ...."
And then I remembered there is no 5 AM advisory.
Getting closer. I can smell it.

Dabuh is watching...


It's impressive on satellite imagery even if it's February.
A disclaimer below there are no hurricanes.


But know the NHC is always watching also.
From today's outlook



No hurricanes.
But snow in Vegas.
Snow across the SW.
California? Grapevine...
Sin City is now Snow City in 2019!
And what happens in Vegas....
...gets posted all over the Internet!


It has snowed on the East Coast recently.
My daughter in Monsey, NY is in it.
And I mean IN IT.... 
Drive carpool in that every morning...
...she's eating ice cream and dreaming on Miami.




At some point you just don't wait for summer.
:)

 I love winter even without snow.
Why you ask?
You see beautiful images such as this below.


Is that beyond beautiful.
You don't see that in Summer.
Pretty sure in Summer the sunset is invisible there.
Winter reveals the beauty of what is underneath.
What is withins hidden in the forest.

Last night I went out and saw some friends.
Put on cute little boots I could not wear in Miami.
Wore my pink sherpa coat that I did not wear in Miami.
Got a pickled okra with my bowl of "sweet potato mash"
(they don't do that in Miami)
(my Uncle did grow okra in Miami though)

I'm silly.
Not quite losing my mind yet.
My hurricane friends are restless.
We may be crazy but we be friends.
I'm remembering LA... 
I went to LA Oscar Weekend years ago.
What a circus :)
Back before Facebook or Instagram..
..hard copy pictures :)

I miss LA sometimes.
Nothing like a LA sunset.
Well no not really Key West out does LA.
It's all beautiful.
And it's snowing in higher elevations near there.





Are you still reading?
Hurricane Season is miles away.

Far away 
There is a hurricane somewhere.
And someone is always watching.


I'm a Miami girl.
This was my house.
We didn't have the hedge then.
But we planted the palm trees.



Have a good day.
I do believe early March will deliver snow.
I'm hoping Green Book wins the Oscar.
Director deserves one too...
...without a good director a movie is just "meh"
Trust me on that one ;)

Have a blessed and beautiful day.
I'll be back when there is something more to say.

Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter


:)






1 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Manasvini Verma said...

I contracted herpes  in 2015' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr OLIHA herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr OLIHA  have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated herpes  been in my body since 2015, Dr OLIHA make it possible for me. Here is Dr OLIHA email:oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp+2349038382931. and https://olihamiraclemedicine.webs.com/ *      

 

Post a Comment

<< Home