Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, August 12, 2005

Pissy Friday, Quirky.. in a Mood... and Irene irritating people?

Restless as hell and doing silly things. Why not? I have something better to do?

Soo...decided to just blog today at Jdate.. why not they don't let you blog so why not blog on jdate. Not like anyone is paying attention or cares... I don't attract Jewish guys.. I attract a lot of goyim which is okay with me.. my heart is non-denominational. Really, honest Ron...really....get over Junior High (rolling eyes, yes that is a sign of contempt..rolling eyes.. read it in a good book today. Felt bad cause I do it playfully and don't mean disrespect. Maybe the shrink is wrong. Gee, Ron..could the shrink be wrong ...rofl.

Anyways..who cares about Ron? Just bringing it up cuase well it relates.

So much in life is related you know? So many people.

Anyway...started reading a great book today called BLINK. Based on unconcious thinking which is what I usually do ...sort of right brain, gut instinct sort of thinking. Name that thought in 2 frames of a movie. Sort of like when you walk through the living room, see the kids laughing at some movie and walk back and think...that is your living room exactly the way it looks from Bill's house.. arches, colors and all. Hmmmmmmmmmmwierd. Watch a little longer. Don't have to sit for another fifteen minutes to realize there is something rotten in Denmark.. do you?

No, not really angry at stupid writer friend. Really. Not at all. They get a million dollar movie and all I get is a tee shirt. Well... they will reinvest that million into a multi-million dollar gamble... I will pay the electric bill, run off to Key West in their tee shirt and catch the eye of some cute guy and flirt or talk and at the end of the day I don't have the headaches they do.. waiting to see if it will bomb or be a hit or worry on when they can make that movie they REALLY REALLY want to make. Somewhere.. maybe I am fine with the stupid tee shirt, cute hats and necklace. Even if I would need a date to the Oscars to wear that crystal cut piece they sent.. tho probably looks good with me just wearing my birthday suit..

Great movie by the way..great movie. Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend... a kiss on the hand may be.. quite continental.. but diamonds are a girls best friend...or fancy cut crystals that shine like real diamonds.

Saw that movie with Ed once at Heaven. No not IN Heaven, at Heaven. A great disco in the 70s in Miami. Dancing with Ed..was heaven. The Juice Bar had waterbeds..first time I was ever on one. Big movie theatre with big round booth seats where couples and friends could watch old movies.. and they were playing, "Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend"

Always remember that.. was a fun night. Just a night.. but it was fun.

Anyway.. always love a good Marilyn Monroe movie. Should look around the libary and see if we have any in DVD.

Speaking of Marilyn Monroe.. do you know I am a perfect size 14. For me that is big news.. considering I have had babies and a fitted 14 skirt fits around my curves..good curves and it's hard to go down below a 14 when you are a Double D. DD.. you know.. And, if it worked for Marilyn why should I try and be a size 9? Would be a fun goal but think unrealistic on my part. Have great legs too.. honest.

So... wrote silly stuff on Jdate today because frankly am not interested in Jdate and annoyed about the whole episode but its paid for (by a friend) so I should use it right? Why not? So I blogged today and erased my profile :) Really.

Anyway... woke up to CNN watching Irene. TWC playing with Irene. The NHC posting advisories on Irene. Do you get the impression people are irritated with Irene all across weather land? Not sure personally she won't affect Long Island or even NJ/NY even though some voice says deep down, "she'll go out to sea Bobbi, you know that" but..truth is rarely do you have a storm that gets this close to going out flirting with and wondering on how she could get her bod onto the Garden State Freeway so I'd keep watching. Really...got nothing else to watch. Wave mid-ocean. Wave off of Africa.. not excited on either yet.

What would excite me? Oh I know trust me. Oh I really do know. And, maybe at the moment it's not tropical.

Going to try and write today and not think on the past, not worry on the future.. enjoy the moment of today as I usually do.

My back hurts though..don't know why. Does.. between the shoulder blades. Put on my baby blue paisely bra from Victoria Secrets..the one I haven't ripped the underwire out of (how does Dina do it?) and... hoped that would give me some better support .. looks cute too when it shows on my shoulder.. like anyone is looking. Oh, I'm on the desk..everyone is looking :) Enjoy the show.

And...that's it for now.

Might add on the Jewish front.. not dating but weather front. A lot of Jewish tracker friends are a bit nervous on this storm.. Irene. Seems the timing works out to be just around Tish B'Av. 9th of Av. Traditionally a bad, bad, bad day. Jews were expelled from Spain. WW2 started... well events leading up to it. Both temples destroyed on that day... wonder if Fidel Castro was born on the Hebrew Calendar on the 9th of Av..wouldn't that be funny? Just bad day.. long list that can be googled online about 9th of Av but it's sort of one of those days Jews dislike..fear and with Irene out there aiming at the Mid-Atlantic area... well orthodox jews don't even go into the water on the 9 days leading up to Tish B'Av so if you are looking for a threatening Cane on a day with historically bad vibes...this might be the one you don't want to turn your back on. If you believe in things like that.. most scientists wouldn't but some peopleo might so I would feel remiss on not mentioning it.

That's it.. Oh and here's the whole blog I posted..had to cut it down so cut out all the mean references. Mean..Bobbi Mean?? Oh she must be pissed off just a little huh?

For those of you who are just soley weather trackers.. please, please stop here. Its more than anyone needs to know about me.

Bobbi
Good Shabbos..will post later
have to figure out what to do for dinner Saturday night before Fast starts at sundown.

Best Tish B'Av was a summer in St. Paul... a big squall line came through from the Dakotas, the world looked like it was going to end.. black clouds, twisters hanging from them... fit the mood well.

.................................
8/12/05. Bored & Restless. Looking for something to do. Realized I can't post my blog here so I thought on it a bit & decided to blog here today. Hi. If you are reading this...thanks for clicking on my profile. I really look so much better in person.. I possess a charisma that doesn't quite come across in pictures. I'm very shapely, fun to look at and talk to if that is important to you. So, who are you and why are you here?

I figure like this most people round here keep clicking on the same people trying to decide if they should write them, what they would say & then get annoyed thinking, "well you know they could write me if they were interested"

We are all so insecure at times, aren't we? Especially online in a place like this. Whereas on Redsox Chat or DiversGoDeeper Chat we have no problems sounding like whoever we want to be.

How do you explain .. I am very smart but I don't want to talk about how smart I am.. I'd rather act dumb. I'd rather have fun then get lost in conversations on the String Theory, Butterfly Theory or Linkage in Dimplomatic International Relationships (sounds sexy, doesn't it?).

My ex-boyfriend who paid for me to go online here because he wants me to put the picture up that shows my breasts off better. Nice of him but why would I want another guy who is interested in my breasts & not the rest of me? I’m a writer & reference librarian. I'm also unfortunately a muse. That means some writer somewhere thinks he owns me & only allows me to be rented on occasions to men who are attracted to my breasts, eyes or wit.. while he works typing away on some new seriously scatological masterpiece that some whacked out comedian will star in & then when they are in post production he will pop up out the blue looking for inspiration again. What he doesn't realize is that some day I will be gone. Living with someone, married maybe & in love..head over heels in love. No computer games. No tracking the tropics with him or worrying on which mountain top might explode or which earthquake might go quack in the night.

The last man who stole my heart, Jason the Ojibwa Native American ex-hockey player told me and I will post it here as it defines me "You wear your heart on your sleeve, don't you?" And, he was right, he knew, he could see. Yes, I do & when I am in love (which doesn't happen often but can be fatal to my brain) I am so in love with an intensity that precludes anyone not really deep or looking dangerously to fall in love from emailing me.

What do I care about? If you are reading this YOU!

Seriously.. I am not very materialistic. I should be considering I want to live in Key West and the cheapest place I can find is a fortune for a 1 bedroom. I am very real. Very seriously interested in finding someone to spend my life with (other than scatological screenwriter) and tired of being Anais Nin to Henry Miller.

I want a man who will hold me at night, love to cuddle after much more than cuddling every night. I want someone to cook for me & who inspires me to cook again the way I used to. Someone who will watch me dance if he doesn't want to join me. Someone who enjoys a Shabbos Friday Night dinner. I have a deep love of many cultures, love theology and new age spirituality but when all is said & done.. I am just Bobbi. Easy going, way too agreeable at times & difficult with pissed off but it takes a lot to piss me off.

Tired of being a friend, tired of dating guys who are afraid to fall in love or bitter over their divorce or don't know how to fall in love, tired of writers who want to come out to play when they are stuck in their manuscript & who disapeer when they are writing. Writers are loners, they are the hanging man..hanging around, watching what you do and writing about it, designing characters based on who you are.. they are watching you somewhere.. in a bar or restaurant and scribbling notes on a napkin furiously.

Lastly... you can throw out most of what I have written and know that unless you email me, you will never really know who I am. I am more than Clark's Lois Lane and sometimes I think Lex is a bit sexy. I'm sitting at the reference desk, singing softly to myself "I was looking for America, in a western movie.." and trying to figure out what to make for Shabbos.

Either way I hope & pray you get off of your butt & email someone ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home