Wave Train Busy Like Palmetto Expressway at Rush Hour. Which Survives? Which Thrives? How Will New AI Models Handle the Traffic? 2 Areas of Interest!!
There is so much I want to say but I'm not ready to say regarding the Wave Train of August 2026. Our two areas being watched by the NHC and the third wave waiting to join the party. It's a Conga line and haven't seen one in a while so I want to sit back and enjoy it. Once upon a time there were models. And, when I say models I mean usually the good one and the crappy one and the new one getting attention. Then we had an array of good models, but mostly talked on talked on the EURO vs the GFS. Now we have the AI models and there are a whole lot of them, so choose wisely. And, can't wait to see how well the new improved 2026 AI models do with a wave train that's as congested as the Palmetto Expressway at Rush Hour... if you know you know.
I love models.
You know what I love more? I love watching satellite imagery and using other data to slice and dice a good wave train. I love the wide view of what is happening everywhere that the models see when they spit out conflicting data. I love chasing. I love being at the ocean preferably feeling the wind, the waves, and watching sea foam flying in the wind and even here inland in Raleigh the way we chased a line of wild storms by ISAIAS in 2020 talk about getting out into the world during the whole Covid mess. So never lose site of of these parts of the equation nor get lost in just one part of the drama.
I'll be honest. I am not rushing this. I am not obsessing nor freaking out. My thoughts are tempered by both El Nino and a good knowlege of Hurricane History. Don't rush it. Enjoy it. Savor it like coffee or sex or a good football game. I mean we are talking on models promising development on Friday. Note Friday is FIVE days away before we even get lift off for possible development. Pace yourself!
Did y'all know Lynette Charles is one of my favorite people on TWC? Just putting it out there. She is smart, she is smooth, she is classy, she is on top of it all and does a great job showing the whole picture of weather on Sunday Morning. Love listening to friends on YouTube. I watch a lot of Fox Weather as they do a bang up job, less set in parameters that TWC tends to be, they show satellite imagery, radar they show the weather and even watch Weather Nation even though I'm not in Canada. Apps... are good, I watch them all ................. but currently pacing myself, enjoying the moments. Watching the way the sun hits my window decorations when it hits a certain height in the sky. I stand outside in the earning morning and feel how the balcony is cooler in the morning than it's been; drier before the heat heats up and the humidity that rules the day. I ponder what Autumn decoration I'll put up when I take the Summer stuff down because I'm Southern and we do that.
Stay tuned. Don't rush this..... take it slow, take it in parts and don't buy any 10 day out forecast and never rule out surprises in El Nino years.
Never. Stop. Chasing.
Sweet Tropical Dreams,
BobbiStorm
Always amazes me at times such as these I live in the Carolinas and have for a long time. I go to Miami often so sometimes I forget. So when I look at a wave train I look with one eye on Miami and the other eye on Raleigh Durham area. I really live here, go figure. Often debating how close it'll come to Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach ...even if it's curling away.... Enjoy the music, it tells a story with musical clues.
.gif)
.gif)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home