Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, January 03, 2022

Winter Storm in Raleigh, South Gets Rain THUNDER WIND........Flooding......and Snow...... (Please Make it Snow!!)

 


Playing on Instagram earlier....
...but this says it all.
All kinds of weather and it's in motion.


Check out that tightly wound low pressure system.
Snow chases the rain.
Mike is chasing the snow in Tennessee


Shouldn't Margarittaville Gatlinburg Tenneesee sponsor Mike?
I think so... it's his favorite place to catch winter weather!

Known Mike a long time......way longer than I'll admit to anyone :) and seen him evolve in his passionate love for weather of any kind though he and I are known for Hurricane Season. But, he's a man for all seasons and the type of father most kids wish they had as he is known for taking them to the snow because when you live in Tampa... you get lost of lightning, thunder but no snow.

I live in Raleigh and we rarely get snow but when we do we love it. Okay I love it.

A super loud Miami/Tampa like bolt of thunder woke me up around 4 AM and a myriad of weather alerts on my phone made it almost impossible to post anything. 

Waiting on the sun to come up so I can get some good photos and get out there and see what is really happening out there. 

Trees are down in some places as winds are picking up, the rain has been torrential (as in gales of rain, sheets of rain ...as in my balcony is saturated with rain and other than Hurricane Florence or Matthew I never saw that happen before... which means the front is coming through. 



check out that wind gradient.....



In Raleigh 440 (our highway) is flooded in some areas, Crabtree Creek is rising and it's flooding in all the places that flood when we get weather like this......... we have hills, dips... water runs down hill and ponds on roads.  Not by me (only once by Matthew or Florence) but still ... if the power goes out it'll be a long time before they get it back on but if it snows............I won't notice much else.

Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter and Instagram

I'll update later... and proofread later... Greenway behind Crabtree Mall by Crabtree Creek is flooding currently! Spilling onto the ...well you know. Google Crabtree Creek Flooding... 








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home