Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, December 08, 2021

December.... Winter Showing Up But Not Bringing the Gift of Snow Just Yet... What Kind of Weather Do You Wish For........???

 


Back from Miami but a bit under the weather so laying low today and looking at long term models, reading discussion on the various factors that may or may not contribute to Winter 2021. The sound of rain woke me up this morning, steady, constant rain.  Pretty sure that was more than was expected as they were playing down the rain totals locally, and we are in a drought of sorts so we could use the rain.  Personally I could use snow but that's another story. I hate when you can see the "snow" in the local radar but you know it's not going to make it down this far South just yet. It's a process........


And the cold air has to stay around and not play some Texas Two Step dance, back and forth, hot and cold, everyone I know hates it. But I'll take it because it's cool, the trees lost their leaves and it looks incredibly winter even without snow.


I grew up in Miami and desperately hoped something would happen, even if it was a hurricane, just something as nothing ever changes there and I was born with a restless soul that likes diversity and change. My daughter posted this earlier today, beautiful colors and very comfortable in December to walk along the Bay in Miami and watch the sun rise over the water. But it's beautiful to watch the sunrise anywhere you can see the sky and in winter I can see the sky in Raleigh and it's my favorite time of year here.

So just saying hi and noting the slow, steady changes going on that will bring us towards late December and early January when winter will be impacting places and everyone will stop arguing over the type of winter it will be and dealing with what it is in real time.  


I had good times in Miami, a lot of time in Coconut Grove near where I lived as a child and walks along the bay and the Miami River. Played with my grandchildren, talked to my kids and taught my 2 year old grandson Milo how to play Pool... kind of! Conceptually he got it! They are all cute in their own different way as we are all smart, cute and interesting in our own unique way.  They also are germ magnets lol and someone is always coughing, sneezing, laughing or crying and that's the story of life. 

I'm a December baby, I like winter and I'm going to try and enjoy it as much as I can before it drifts away and I go back to Miami for a bit but this is really about all of us. 

Who are you?
What weather do you like?
Sunshine all the time or no give me the seasons?
West Coast LA guy or Alabama gal?
Do you like palm trees strung up with lights or does it have to be pine?

Cantore said years back he can't drink Pumpkin Spice Latte unless the weather is ... in the 50s or 60s. My son made that joke to me earlier today, he wants to go Up North and wants to know when he could get snow.

And that ..........my tropical friends...........is the 65 Trillion Dollar Question, adjusted for inflation. Everyone wants to know when it will snow and exactly where? 

Me too!

Have a good day and thanks for reading along as I write a bit and share some things in the in between times. No hurricanes, lots of earthquakes and volcanoes and winter hanging out where it feels safe and comfortable obviously... 

Sweet Tropical Dreams,
Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter and Instagram
Twitter usually weather, Instagram whatever.








1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Jay Schwartz said...

A self-hating Miami native here. I am a four-seasons kind of guy now. Count them! There must be four, not one and a half—meteorological seasons preferred. Christmas lights on palm trees? Santa in Bermuda shorts and riding a jet-ski? Pass. Just say noooo! Moreover, I get quite uncomfortable if summer loiters a bit too long. Fall and winter are just fine. Even spring, complete with all its pollen, can go. Just go—and take the humidity with you, please. Snow, fireplaces, or wood-burning stoves. Pumpkin spice latte is helpful. Toffee nut latte is even better. Don't forget the eggnog—and don't skimp on the raw eggs or rum like MacArthur's Dairy did. :P I will thank you to keep that pina colada far from me in December. Miami! Ugh! Black mold under the yule log? OMG!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home