Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, November 08, 2021

Tropical Thoughts on Monday Night... Wanda Gone... Incredible Shrinking Yellow Circle 0% - Thoughts on 2021 Hurricane Season & Ida a Name That Will Be Retired!

 


Currently, the NHC is monitoring the area of disturbed weather in the Atlantic yet they have lowered it's chances down to zero. It's like the incredible shrinking yellow circle! Yes, the Hurricane Season does seem to be fading away, however until it's over the NHC will continue monitoring the Atlantic and the NWS will continue monitoring the weather be it winter weather or severe weather. 


I don't like to talk in November beyond November. I'm not going to discuss whether or not La Nina is going to fade away fast or slow. I'm not going to discuss when El Nino will or won't appear. I can show you two different graphics explaining how two different scenarioes can play out. I'm not into speculation unless it has an imminent concern. For the most part, the 2021 Hurricane Season is pretty much in the rear view mirror. We got lucky beyond words that Larry and Sam stayed out at sea and did not do Irma and Maria tracks over land. Ida, sadly, created enough drama and destruction at landfall and pathetically again as she left land and made her move back out over the water. New York City, and it's neighboring suburbs will not forget Ida for a long, long time. And, it's impact across the Mid-Atlantic to New England was something out of a disaster movie. We're used to what happens at landfall, but the dangers of a hurricane far inland in the Northern Latitudes after it is no longer a "hurricane" but it's still an entity to contend with his often forgotten.

Mention to anyone Hurricane Camille and they will think of Gulfport, Waveland and Pass Christian and yet it left it's mark forever on Virginia that suffered the sort of flooding that some places in Brooklyn felt from Ida. https://encyclopediavirginia.org/entries/hurricane-camille-august-1969/


History repeats. Remember that!


Above is Ida... 


The death toll rose and kept rising for days as the dead bodies swept away in a flash flood were found across the NJ and NY far from Ida's landfall in Louisiana and Mississippi. Flash flooding really is the worst. 



So I won't be sad to see this hurricane season end, and yes I love winter weather so living in North Carolina I get both hurricanes and the possibility of a winter storm. I'm not going to say we won't see another named storm, but the chance of it making a significant landfall is getting slimmer and slimmer as every day passes.

Wanda... wandered away.  Sorry for any typos regarding Wilma vs Wanda somewhere. I type way too fast and proofing hasn't been easy as I've been trying to nail down the right Rx for my eyeglasses. It's been a while since I changed the prescription and I'm not sure they have it right but we will see soon enough. Myfather left me his astigmatism and it's annoying when I do change glasses, luckily not during the middle of the hurricane season so I've been laying low a bit offline more than online. But, got a new pair the other day and this seems good. Time will tell.

I'm going to go down to Florida in the not so distant future and I plan on spending some time at the beach, by the water and hanging out with my kids and the family. I'm thankful for all of them and all of you. And, thankful that Sam and Larry kept their wild, strong, immense hurricane force winds out at sea. Ida will be retired so that's the last Hurricane Ida you'll see... one for the books. 

Sweet Tropical Dreams... 
..... or whatever dreams you wish to dream!
Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter and Instagram.. 

Ps... I want a real cortadito and other Miami delights! Sorry for any typos, it's late and I'm going to sleep! 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n5G0qFBsHM



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home