Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy New Year! Happy New Decade! 2020!! Make It Golden :)




I was talking to my brother in Greece.
He reminded me we used to play with sparklers !
Waited up for the ball to drop...
...and say "Happy New Year!"
Yet he's already in 2020.
And I'm in Raleigh waiting for it to be 2020!

Mike from Spaghetti Models is a Florida Boy.
Florida Boys are great... Florida Girls are too!
He's grown up and lights firecrackers...
.. and I'm guessing his kids are loving it.

He always lights up our world.
Hurricane Season or otherwise.

I've been missing in action the last week or so.
On vacation in New York.
But I'm back home Down South in NC.


So here now thinking on 2019.....
... my life... our lives.
And where we go in 2020.

Sometimes you have to take a trip and get out beyond your every day to see the world a new way and understand how everything links together. My birthday is December 30th, so somehow the year in review hits me harder than most as everywhere you go someone is talking on the year that was and what they want to do in the New Year. It's also a difficult time to go out to dinner for a quiet birthday meal...   that said ... it is what it is and so here we are at the precipice of 2020, a new decade amazingly a hundred years since F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda burst on the scene in New York City dancing in fountains and becoming the symbol of that new time when the young generation came back from World War 1 and partied hardy like they would never turn 30 and wonder where the decade had gone as the stock market crashed and hem lines went South again and well it seems we have forever looked back at times like the Roaring 20s and wondered what it must have been like to be alive back then.


Okay ... maybe I'm that person as I'm pretty sure one of my first dress up costumes was as a flapper. And one of the first songs I ever leaned to dance to when I was really little in dance class was "I want do to the shimmy like my sister Kate" and there I was a little girl shimmying my way across the stage ;)


I studied dance and danced as soon as I could walk... yet this last year I didn't dance much officially so maybe I need to put that on my New Year's Resolutions for 2020... 

I was obsessed with Flappers since birth... I'd put on a nightgown and burst out on my mother's formal parties trying to dance like a flapper or a gypsy while my mother rushed me back into the bedroom where a 3 or 4 year old girl belonged. Insert a hand over my face like you do on the phone but what was I thinking? Maybe it's some kind of past life thing??? Hmnnn....


But in truth 2019 was the year...
...when people worried they'd have no avocados!!!
Total sheer panic....
...at the thought of no avocado toast for brunch!!


Just imagine this song with avocados... 

So here we are on December 31st, 2019 looking back.


In the world of weather and tropical weather...
...the year was all about Dorian.
Nothing like Dorian...

We had snow in November of 2018 and then...
...nada... nothing in Raleigh in 2019 :(

Maybe 2020 will bring us winter weather.
It always brings us hurricanes it seems.

California had an earthquake... 
... yet everyone still waits for the Big One.

My brother asked me what I was going to write about in my year end blog and in truth my thought was "I don't know" and that is true as this year has been at times like walking through a mine field as so many people are divided of late into two camps as to what they feel is best for America... add in those in Great Britain arguing over the election and Brexit. Got to tell you I never thought the European Union would last this long but I always knew if it began to unravel it would definitely be England or France that would be the first to leave. Time will tell. So this blog is for my brother who will get some of it and he's right also on things he says regarding writing but this is my blog to ramble on ...especially on January 1st a half a year away from the Hurricane Season but I will take his advice come June 1st with this next year's blog ;) (Stay tuned)

As for 2019 ... Baby Shark was an annoying ear worm song that sounds as if it should have been in the 1920s with baby flappers dancing ... or not. You probably already have the song stuck in your head just because I mentioned it so I won't post a link to that one.. nor will I post a link to CATS one of my favorite musicals that apparently bombed as a movie. Some things just don't translate to the big screen.. it's about knowing how to open up a Broadway play into movie... and keep people in sexy leotards rather than furry, fuzzy outfits.  But I digress. I guess we will go see Star Wars instead.

My Instagram feed is filled with my friends, my family and weather... and make up. If we could all get along together the way our HUDA and Natasha Denoma eye shadow palettes share space in our make up drawer the world would be a prettier, more colorful world! 

My oldest son who does art, graphics and produces Jewish Music now has a Food Show on Instagram and he's making me feel like an inadequate chef so I'm trying to up my game of late. My youngest son, an architect, cruised off to the Bahamas today with his best friend for a New Year's Eve cruise. I'm unpacking from my trip to the Big Apple though the GPS kept taking us up to Monsey through New Jersey. I saw mountains and hills and ate numerous donuts for Chanukah while dealing with drama that wasn't so great to deal with and hung out with family and shopped til we dropped. We went to see my ex-husband's show Off Broadway that's always fun and the family had a nice evening of Chanukah fun in Manhattan. Life goes on and that's good. My grandson in NY speaks a perfect Yiddish (he also speaks English) which is funny as his 2 year old cousin in Miami speaks a perfect Hebrew (he also speaks Engish) and their cousin Lucy in Miami speaks Spanish (and English) and I'm thinking I need to learn a new language though cousin Olivia speaks a perfect Southern English so... we at least speak the same language ;) Life is good is basically what I'm saying. You roll with the punches and say YES rather than NO to enjoying life's happy moments.



I have two best friends who are wonderful.. including the one who forgave me for missing her son's wedding in Bal Harbor because I had to be in New York City with my kids for my birthday. Yes the Groom is in the service... raised Chabad... and somewhere in Oklahoma or Texas where he was stationed he met his wife and they had a beautiful traditional wedding ceremony with his large family in Florida... his sisters and his mother... figure out which are which she's stunningly beautiful my Malka! I'll catch the next party hopefully as there's usually one just around the corner in our world. Her kids are awesome and vibrant souls as our mine. We must be pretty vibrant .. haha.


We can do anything we want to do ...
...if we apply ourselves and stay focused.

So whether you are little ....
...or older going out dressed up..
Enjoy life.
Do what you love... 
Love what you do.

My son Levi does... 
and as he so often says.
They live where other's vacation ;)

Benjamin and Charlotte below ... 
... with their parents further below.


And if you want an incredible stunning...
...home in the Porsche Tower.
Please look Levi up :)


Great new neighbors ;)


Drive your car up to your own unit.
With a robotic lift elevator to your garage..
...in the sky.


And a balcony to just sit and watch the world...
...the sky, the clouds and the ocean.
Love it.



In 2020 I plan to figure out Instagram better.
Best deal in the Tower...check it out!
A balcony to make your dreams come true...

I'd love to see him sell that unit.
...tho he sells incredible homes often on the water.
He sells lots on the water...
he has a boat... 
It would make my 2020 start off smiling!

Miami Life.
South Florida Life.
Party... Love... Watch the water.
Enjoy the view in paradise.



And he has a hurricane on his page??
Hmnnn must be my son.

As I said... 
My kids... Malka's kids.
Embrace life... 
They cook...they party.
They have podcasts...
They make Avocado Toast!


So what did I do differently in 2019?
I began doing short videos on Twitter.
Yes Jim Williams told me to years ago.
He's always right (don't tell him I said that)
So that was the year that was....


Okay so now you know what I sound like...
Life goes on.

What will we see in 2020?
Only time will tell.

Kiss someone or just smile at midnight!
Watch the ball drop or not.
Ring in 2020 in style.

I hope and pray it's a golden year!



Yeah... learn Instagram better in 2020.
That's the top on my list.
I use it but not as well as Twitter.
Obviously I live at Twitter ...


Put on some Natasha Denoma eye shadow.
Your favorite perfume...
...your favorite song.
Toast in the new year ;)
...the new decade!!


(okay I took that from Drudge...
...opps... sorry. Giving credit...)

Make it golden...
...and may you always have happy endings.


Happy New Year!
Happy New Decade.

Stay tuned for Hurricane Season...
..or watch me whine about wanting Winter Weather.

To be honest.
Facebook says I grew up in LA in the 1980s.
So let's go with an oldie goldie.
Party like it's 1999 
...except it's 2020!

Sweet Tropical Dreams.
Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter and Instagram.


Ps This one is for you.


and my favorite 80s dance musical... 


Dance more... learn Instagram more better ;)

Chow for Now
Bobbi 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home