Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Black Friday Weekend.... Cyber Monday Tomorrow. Gale System in Atlantic, Snow in Iowa and Travel a Problem in Many Places



NHC has a zero percent yellow circle.
A Gale Center is forming.
It will kick up the seas.
Possibly get messy in Bermuda.
It's not going to get a name.
The plug will soon be pulled ...
...on 2018 Hurricane Season.

This is that day between Friday and Monday.
Black Friday bleeds into Cyber Monday.
The same way Fall fell early this year..
..and winter appeared early.
Everything kind of blurs together.

Unless you are unaware...
www.spaghettimodels.com has a Twitter Feed.
Scroll down on the right towards the bottom.
Some good weather news.
Sometimes weather people talk sports...
...or food or life.
But usually they ate obsessed with the weather.
It gives you a quick view of weather news.



If you can... avoid travel in those regions.



I have a daughter in law in Seattle.
She left Iowa...she hates snow.
Bruce... nice name.
Bruce is early this year.
Or maybe not.
Iowa gets snow.


Note the strong winds off shore on the E Coast.
Gale Centers produce great waves and wind.
If you ae under a colored area...
... travel carefully.
If flying expect delays.
NW Coast has storms.... 
Fronts are moving along.
Flirting with Florida.

My kids in Florida would love a cold front. People getting snow are happy today and soon will be begging for Spring and Spring is a long time away. Meteorological Winter is less than a week a way and according to the Almanac we have about a month to go before Winter begins but as usual Mother Nature does her own thing. Everyone wants to go away for Thanksgiving, no one wants to get stuck in a mess traveling. No one wants to get out of a warm bed to go shopping and that's why God made Cyber Monday! Except currently we have one long week of shop til you drop and you have maxed out all your credit cards weekend. Not sure if people are shopping because they have so much consumer confidence or if they are afraid it's all going to come tumbling down and they want to party like it's 1964. Why I said 1964 I don't know... just came to me. Blame it on weird dreams. I do want to say now that if this winter season plays out as expected we should have early tropical systems dancing along cold fronts as if they are conga lines at the end of a happy movie. 



El Nino is here but as Cranky on Twitter who makes great maps and writes excellent weather discussion shows the situation currently is an odd split ....creating problems knowing exactly who gets what where at this time of the year. As this evolves over the winter we should see some complicated systems.

As for today in my neck of the woods it's a sunny fall day and I'm literally watching leaves fall off of the maple tree onto the multicolored ground below and really just loving living in the minute. Sadly Starbucks doesn't deliver and I'm not paying money to get a Starbucks drink delivered they are already way over priced for what you get if you get a fancy drink with sprinkles. I mean how much to those sprinkles cost away? I can make a latte at home on my Nespresso machine. I can watch football and I'm not traveling anywhere so I don't even need to get dressed. 

This computer is driving me crazy, I've had it for a while but barely used it and bought it for things other than the blog so going to stop using it for the blog. Excuse any oddities in the format of this blog and wish me luck finding one I like way better. Mercury Retrograde... I have a rule on not buying computers during a Mercury Retrograde.... there are few laws of astrology I go by and that's one of them. My best friend and I had for years a $5 rule on not spending more than five dollars if the moon was void of course. We did astrology through the 1990s... it was a fun time, back in Miami and lost in our crazy friendship feeling like we were back in high school oddly.

So what am I going to do today?
Maybe stay home and watch football and make lists and banana muffins. 
If you live in the parts of the country that it's freezing and travel isn't good try to stay home and not travel. If you love a windy beach... go to the beach dressed properly and enjoy the wind. If this wasn't a holiday weekend I'd go to the Outer Banks and enjoy but the roads are filled with people trying to get home and the Outer Banks aren't going anywhere anytime soon... 

Great graphic online last night. It really says it all. Love it. So creative.


I thought at first it was a puzzle and a map. I'm still trying to finish up the shopping for kids and grandkids and I have a few of both and was wondering on a puzzle for one of them. My mind is messy.... Mailing things out this week and I'm done. Chanukah is early this year. I have time to buy my daughter-in-law Kristin something special and she's pretty special all in all so she gets presents for both holidays. I want to enjoy Chanukah this year and feel the cooler temperatures and take it all in... in North Carolina. I want snow. I know you knew that.

What do you want? World peace? Peace in the house hold? You want the guests to leave? Oh come on be honest. What do you want for the holidays this year? If you want sunshine book a ticket to South Florida or San Diego and if you want snow ... try Maine or Iowa or maybe New England. 

Have a wonderful Black Friday Weekend and hope you get the things you want for yourself as well as for others. As for me I listened to my own advice and bought a fake far coat and cute boots I wanted last year but Belk said they were "sold out" but obviously sitting in the back waiting to bring out for this shopping frenzy weekend. I bought eye shadow palettes (one size fits all and the girls love make up) and toys and chocolate coins that hopefully won't melt in the mailbox in the Florida sunshine where it's still in the 80s and if life was so easy that you could just buy what you wanted and get the weather you want ....

And if you want to get married in a strapless gown on a plush green lawn in a mansion by the bay in Coconut Grove .... it's easier to do if you live in South Florida. Baby Olivia got to go to her first wedding, pose with the bride and not worry on a winter coat!



Besos Bobbistorm
Ps... my goal for today is to figure out this laptop...
..that doesn't work like my other laptop.
Or just go back to Dell... 
That's some system winding up in the NE






















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home