Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Winter Solstice .. Game On Winter is Here to Stay. But Rain Not Snow for Many These Holidays


No that's not a Survivor Finale.
Nor is it the Fiji Islands.
It's Seattle at the Solstice or more specifically Fremont.


http://fremontartscouncil.org/winter-feast/

Fremont is a funky place any day of the year.
It celebrates the Solstice with festivals.
I was there one year for the Summer Festival.
I can't really show you those videos.
You'll have to Google it!

But for those who hate the short days of winter.
Know tomorrow is the shortest day of the year.
That's got to be a reason to party!!


I used the capital of the USA for the time.
You can check with this site for your town.

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/december-solstice.html


Yes the Winter Solstice is here...



South Florida refuses to participate.
Northern Florida is a team player.
South of I-4 no they don't want to play.

wv-animated.gif (1120×480)

You can make out the large High that is holding on tight to S Florida.
You remember it from the Hurricane Season.



What is the Winter Solstice really?


Winter is officially here to stay!
The freeze and frost line is far to the South.


However the snow is not going to fall for the holidays over the East Coast.


If you want snow that bad go to Colorado skiing!


latest72hrs.gif (947×405)

Chilly water down there in the tropics.
A nice loop to watch by the Enya song below.
And Winter Came...


I wish I could give people who want snow better news.
But think of all the places you can go and things you can do..
...if it doesn't snow on Christmas.

I mean really in Miami we do the holidays without snow all the time!!
In short sleeves and sandals outside under the palm trees swaying.
Swaying with the palm fronds :)


You really don't need snow for the holidays!


Though a boat makes it so much finer :)

So even if it doesn't snow...
You can show your holiday spirit...
Be happy, be generous and share the love.

I'll be updating in real time if and when some weather shows up.
Til then I'm shopping, mailing things out and watching loops.

sat_ir_enh_east_loop-12.gif (640×512)

Mind you I am cold in Raleigh this December.
Very cold. My toes are cold.
Very cold... 


But my winter will be interrupted by a trip to Israel in January.
To the Israeli Riviera ...
(that's what she said...)
So I'll be saying goodbye to North Carolina for a few weeks in January.
Is that cool? I'll be blogging from Israel ;)
Maybe on the beach!


My daughter's boyfriend proposed in one of these planes over Netanya.
That was then this is now.
They live in Miami.
 I'm going to meet the Israeli family. 
Kind of like a birthday present!
Never been there ...go figure....
Adore my son-in-law!
 Getting in the spirit here and sharing with y'all...

So I'll just count down the days til warmer weather.
And tomorrow maybe I'll have hot chocolate?
Or a Starbucks Green Tea Latte?

Do something special tomorrow!!
When home in Florida I like to go to Key West!

What I'll do tomorrow...
...only time will tell!

Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter

Ps Good to have a good sense of humor if you are not in Key West


Personally I'd rather be here ..
...and if you are on Lincoln Road check out the parrots..








Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home