Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, September 01, 2014

Invest 99L Wants the Name Dolly


Our Invest 99L is about to come off of the Yucatan Peninsula and move over very warm water.

Close up shows a nice ball of convection centered over where a low pressure most likely will develop.

rb0-lalo.gif (720×480)

Nice color there. Mind you most of it is still over land.

Navy site shows us a very nice visible image this morning.


Putting the visible in motion using the NOAA Floater.

Some thing's cooking down in their the BOC

vis_lalo-animated.gif (720×480)

Impressive look to it this morning.

Chances have been raised to a pretty strong 70% in the next 5 days.
If it continues to look so good on visible imagery throughout the morning they may up that at 2PM.

I've been asked if I thought it would get upgraded to depression or name status. My answer would be most likely. Recon has to find a center with low pressure and strong enough winds. They are going in later today so we will know the answer by 5PM. I'll update this blog later today, but most likely later in the evening as today is the day we wait and see what this system really has going for it.

In the Atlantic... well let's put it this way... for now... it dances alone.


There are waves in the Atlantic... 
There is a wave that came off Africa and went flat...and low... 
(low may keep it alive tho)

Models all take the possible Dolly to Mexico. 


www.spaghettimodels.com


Leaving on a trip again... I know... been the summer of traveling for me. Kids.. we're taking my stepson somewhere so he can travel for this coming year to Italy of all places. My daughter-in-law is in Seattle where my other daughter-in-law is packing to move to later this year. It's been the year we all traveled to Seattle it seems. Life gets interesting. And, I'll be in NY with my kids there and spend some time in Crown Heights am sure and... will go to the beach with my storm chasing daughter if and when something blows up... and I'll watch the sunset over Mott Basin from Bayswater.

Might stop in OBX on the way back... depends. Going to play the return trip by chance and see what I'm in the mood for before settling down to the reality of Fall falling over us in North Carolina with each yellow leaf that falls off the tree in the backyard. We'll see what fall brings... 


If you have the time today... dance... enjoy this song. Ignore the Spanish commercial the song is in English..

vis-animated.gif (1120×480)

Look like............Invest 99L would like to get the name Dolly and I don't see anything else out there that could steal that name out from under it's possibly forming center. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS_bN5ECJTI

Sometimes you can dance and feel alone... sometimes you see the people with you... either way just dance...

Besos Bobbi
@bobbistorm
https://www.facebook.com/bobbi.storm.5

Ps... I wouldn't be surprised if some home grown brew pops up and surprises us this coming week. Nothing substantial but just a feeling.. when I can pin it down I'll give my thoughts here on the blog. Thanks for reading.. thanks for following me on Twitter and sharing your thoughts. 








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home