Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Say Goodbye to 2012... Hello to 2013



Say goodbye to memories of Hurricane Sandy and Sandy Hook Massacre... that as much as we love to read the Farmers Almanac it never told us that the name Sandy would hover over our world for months like a bad nightmare for the last half of the year.

Did anyone see that coming when they looked at the list of names for the 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season? Doubt it...

I remember thinking Andrew was a stupid name for a storm in 1992...

So, this post is a post where I remember the year and say goodbye to so many memories.

We said goodbye to people as diverse as Whitney Houston and Andy Griffith..  songwriters and comedians, journalists and sportsman.

Singers who made a difference in my early life... like Davy Jones from the Monkees ... Etta James and Andy Williams.

One of my all time favorite songs is Moon River..

Faces from my childhood, my teens, the LA days like Donna Summers and political days like George McGovern and Neil Armstrong who looked back at earth and saw weather from the moon.

2012 was a cold season in hell for Europe..one of the worst winters in recent history. Global WARMING took a vacation last winter in Europe and Russia.

Venice was partially submerged by floods and tourists made do the best they could... as the visual images of Venice made many of us stare and wonder if we will ever get to see Venice before it sinks ...  I'm hoping to see it one day...

People got married and babies were born in my personal world... and we traveled nonstop it seems for months.

I watched hurricanes on computer monitors from the Outer Banks to Florida and back...

Drove through a tropical storm or two in Georgia on I-95 and danced in the moonlight in February on the banks of the Biscayne Bay in tropical splendor.

Despite the drought in Texas and the drama of Sandy in NY, NJ and the other places that felt her wrath... 2012 is going out rather quietly in our part of the world. Cold nights, clear skies and I just watched the last sunset of 2012 out the bedroom window.

I played less on message boards and danced on Twitter more ... became an avid follower of Mike's Spaghetti Models page online and on Facebook... and enjoyed being a part of something bigger than just myself and my blog. I used Weather Apps and even played with Pinterest and Instagram.

This has been a year of change...of trying new things and learning as much as I can and trying to share what I have learned with others. I've forecast storms on Facebook Pages with others and drove through Beryl in driving rain on a windy night in May.

http://hurricaneharbor.blogspot.com/2012_05_01_archive.html

I spent a lot of time on I-95 this year...

I-95 South Carolina Map

A wild ride... different than staking out a storm on the beach...

And, I am looking forward to 2013 and whatever the new year brings.

I want snow..............badly.

I can't wait to see what the hurricane season will look like............

There's a set of comets about to grace our skies later this year...

http://www.space.com/17762-newfound-comet-dazzling-2013-display-c2012s1.html

Here's a video (not responsible for the views of the youtuber ;) but enjoy)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw6MsuGy5ok  WATCH ;) if you want to learn more..

This comet has the potential to be bigger than the full moon and .... to light up the sky during the daytime the way the comet of 1680 did....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Comet_of_1680

And... most of all we survived the Mayan End of the World Calendar Fiasco...

I imagine we can take anything that 2013 throws at us ;)

At least we won't have to hear about all the disasters that will befall us when the calendar runs out..

Which reminds me I need to find a good weekly desk calendar as I am going to really try and organize myself this year ;)

Thank you for making this year a massive, big year for my blog and stick around and let's see what trouble we can get into next year...

Besos BobbiStorm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QaFd59bjCE
Moon River sung by the late...great...Andy Williams

(never read the comments, never...............just listen, close your eyes and see that moon up there in the sky high above us... and me watching you for a change watching the moon... spreading your arms out wide and reaching up high as if you could touch the moon...

Happy New Year... my huckleberry friend and everyone else reading this..







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home