Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Watching and Waiting.. Hype Machines Starting



There is a wave in the far Atlantic that has not even made it to "Invest" status yet and there are people hyping a US Coastal hit.

As I said yesterday, long term models are hinting at the storm making landfall with far away distant scenarios. Not that I discount all model runs more than five days, I just like to see a storm that has formed ...or even an Invest before I jump on it.

But, it's my job here to point out early possibilities and it's Accuweather's job to start an early hype machine with pretty graphics. Nice one shown here which basically shows that anywhere in the general region of Florida to the Carolinas might get this possible storm.



Meanwhile, the wave in the Carib looks weak on water vapor and so far the men in the planes have not been able to close off a low. Will see. It still has time to get a name before it slams into Central America.

Meanwhile, all eyes are on the Atlantic wave to see if it can beat the dry slot that has swallowed up most of the good waves so far this season.

Stay tuned.... I know I am.

As for me, had an incredible Eggplant and Carrot Panini at Basil in Crown Heights for lunch. I'm absolutely loving the restaurant for breakfast or lunch. For dinner we got together at Empire Grill for some serious meat eating. As much as I love being home in the tropics, I do so love being in Crown Heights. Sat with a friend this morning on her balcony in one of the new fancy condos and looked out at the Empire State Building across the river. Amazing how six floors up and you remember how small New York City is and it's various boroughs and neighborhoods. Down below on the street it's small and am talking to old friends from school or various places I've lived. Going to have to say goodbye soon to the sushi at the bakery, the Cafe Con Leche at Basil and the late night burgers at Empire Grill... not to mention the kids who are living up here these days.

Sweet Tropical Dreams, Bobbi

http://www.basilny.com/

1 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger dmtoporek said...

I love your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home