Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Hype of the Winter of 2010-2011 & Ice Menorah



Ice Menorah in Iowa... reminds me of the Ice Palace Fitzgerald wrote about, places where you can carve Ice into things... pretty amazing.

But...this winter came early like Chanukah did this year...

Waiting for Jeanne Dixon like astrological forecasts on the Winter to end all winters for this coming year.

TWC is hyping this week's snow storm. 32 states to be affected!!!

I mean it IS winter. Then again Europe is really frozen under..

Headlines from Drudge worth noting....


Freeze brings Paris to standstill...

HEAVIEST SNOW SINCE 1987...

England has coldest opening week of December since 1659...

Army moves in to clear away snow...

'Once in a lifetime'...


For med it's the last day of Chanukah and I am contemplating my birthday later this month and don't forget the Winter Solstice.

Was 19 by my friend in Georgia this morning.. she's not used to 19. Neither am I. Then again, Miamians are not used to frigid temps sticking around even though there are blue skies and what looks (through the window) like balmy breezes.

Where would I like to be?

Paris.

Not very tropical but one day would love to see the menorah lighting there ;)

Happy Thursday wherever you are may your day be happy and bright!!

Besos Bobbi

2 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad your Chanakah went well, wish I and will learn how to celebrate it, one never knows, I'm curious about the Hype of the 2011 Hurricane Season, but that's a way off.. it is 39 here today heading all the way to 40 and I am 51, if it hits 51 today, I'm not saying.
It won't.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pellin=Antibiotics, LOTS of them for the Winter Solstice and onward ho, ho , ho oh no.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home