Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

COLD... very c o l d

It's cold in Miami, it's cold in New York and Iowa and it's even cold in the Carolinas. Seems like it's cold everywhere these days... so much for Global Warming. Sort of miss Global Warming, I stood by the oven the other day trying to stay warm and remember what it felt like while making potato latkes...

Going online did NOT help... I get sent nice little links like this:

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/THINK-BAD-WAIT-2020s/article-
2965986-detail/article.html

Or the one from the United Kingdom where it is COLDER than here and where it seems the new princess is wearing metallic gold to the ball. If I was there I'd be wearing velvet but well I'm not a princess it seems. Red Velvet.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2010/12/05/author-claims
-we-re-in-the-grip-of-a-mini-ice-age-79310-27768699/

The truth is our lives meterologically and otherwise are about the seasons. We have the short term season like the Hurricane Season and Snow Season and Football Season. Long term we have periods when it rains in the Sahel region and years when it does not. We have mini Ice Ages and periods where the temperature of the planet rises.

Climate is long term.

Weather is day to day, including flukes and strange weather patterns.

So... I will be back very soon (when my fingers warm up and I can type normally) and I will discuss my thoughts and memories on the 2010 Atlantic Hurricane Season but for now I am thinking, baking Chanukah treats and listening to musical treats like the Maccabeats singing Candlelight. They are a wonderful group from Yeshiva University in very cold New York City who have a viral, hot hit online on youtube with their adorable, cute, funny, parody of a popular song that is being played in homes everywhere for all 8 nights.... hey....it keeps me warm!!!

So, Happy Chanukah and Happy Holidays and do whatever you got to do to stay warm because it's not getting any warmer for a long, long time...

Besos Bobbi


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home