Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Possible Tropical Development in Far Atlantic... Yellow Circle on NHC and Flooding in Louisville, KY


There is a wave in the distant Atlantic that makes my heart go pitter-patter. Amazing, it held together and is actually spinning a bit. It's consolidating instead of falling apart. It lives... wow.

And, I have not said "WOW" very much this season.

Jim William's did a great job yesterday discussing it and am sure he will update it as events unfold but if you want an easy to understand, in-depth discussion of the dynamics going on currently go to www.hurricanecity.com and hit the tropical update box in the top right. Or bookmark this link on your computer:

http://www.hurricanecity.com/update.htm

Nice loop:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/loop-wv.html

Nice wave! The NHC gives it a yellow box and a less than 30% chance to develop but I think it will myself. Am worried long term for a few reasons but right now.. looks good. Models are playing with the new wave the way a child would throw a ball against a wall on a lazy, summer afternoon. The more they play with it the better chances it gets from them to develop. That is as simple as I can put it, which is my job here to explain as basically as I can and to highlight things that I believe are worth paying attention to tropically.

Also worth paying attention to is the flash flooding in the Louisville, Kentucky area. Heavy rains, stronger than what they are used to and that is able for their drainage systems to handle have caused serious flooding. It doesn't take a hurricane or a twister to destroy the fabric of our lives. Weather happens and there is weather going on now in Kentucky. My prayers go out to people there.

Some coverage here:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hpRdRCgreAyzdNBA3l
Rhw91VSlzAD99S6O9O1

Good advice...if you are driving in such a flood... and you see flooding up ahead do not try and think you can make it through, turn around and go back. Wow, amazing images on TWC.

Another note on Hurricane City here. I just want to remind people that Jim William's manages that site on his own. He works long and hard and it is a passion yes but it also a pain in the neck sometimes to take care of it, maintain it, put out the little fires that go with having such a large internet site and he barely asks for money. Unlike some sights that have BIG FLASHING RED LIGHTS that say "DONATE HERE" Jim provides a small link on how to subscribe and donate. Please read it and do so as he provides a wealth of information on his site, his statistics have been quoted by Newsweek when doing articles on hurricanes and he has things for subscribers to play with and use that cannot be done otherwise. He is a one of a kind man and so is his website so please help him out and become a subscriber. He didn't ask me to write this and if he reads it he will grin and shake his head back and forth probably and laugh and well he knows me well enough to know I do what I want...here on my site and that is to GRINNING... try and promote his site as much as possible. He is amazing, he is Mr. Hurricane in my eyes ;) and in a slow season he keeps it going and when things get going people come running and use the site but I am asking stay awhile, donate, subscribe and join us on the message board if you would like!

http://www.hurricanecity.com/subscribe.htm

On a personal note I have been away in Florida for a funeral and that is where I have been. No ... I did not forget my blog because I am in the Carolinas but things got crazy last week and I had to go back to Florida to bury my aunt who was a real Old Timer, Old Floridian who was like a mother to me and made me the woman I am today. On a sunny day in the middle of summer, early in the morning to avoid any afternoon thunderstorms we said goodbye to my Aunt Ada. It was a great celebration of her life and legacy for her survivors as my cousin and I did it in style with a troupe of grandchildren and great nieces and nephews who sat, talked, hugged and remembered her. And, while I lay in the pool with my cousin who I grew up with we stared up at the blue skies, the palm trees and remembered life growing up in Miami and my Aunt. Was heaven... really heaven and somewhere in heaven I know my Aunt Ada is nibbling on chocolate chip cookies, taking a sip of water and wiping her mouth very politely with her little handkerchief! She was a true Southern Lady :)

Oh..and I had a good cafecito at my favorite Argentinian Bakery!!

Besos Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home