Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yellow Alert Up for Tropics & Severe Wxr in Oklahoma and Vermont along STRONG Frontal Boundary..and pics from my new home..



Okay, long title there but hey... it's late and the crickets are out making some sort of obscene noise and my mind is all over the place...

So... the NHC's newest TWO upped the ante from the nonstop boring "no tropical activity .. " to a slim possibility of tropical development in the Far Eastern Atlantic "several hundred miles west-southwest of the Cape Verde Islands" according to the most excellent tropical forecaster known as BEVEN. A small yellow circle appeared on the NHC's wonderful website when I got back from my evening walk.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Yes.. a YELLOW circle. Amazing. July not August and we are looking out far across the Atlantic. Why is that so interesting? I was wondering on my walk why there are so many trees here with yellow leaves and even some with orange. Little tufts of orange leaves? I know I am not into the seasons and have been told it has to do with a lot of rain a while back... maybe the cooler summer temps and nice cool evening temps? I don't know.. how could I possibly know but I do know I watch everything and I wonder.

Mimosa? Is this a mimosa bud? Someone told me it was..




Blue skies with funky clouds that we do not have in Miami in the summer.



And, I walked down the cul-de-sac and up the cul-de-sac to the ridge where I watch the sunset and enjoyed a pretty picture perfect view this evening. I was going to simply come on and post the pics but whoa (as a friend of mine says) there is a yellow circle.



What there also is ..is a whole lot of severe weather across the weather maps from Oklahoma City to New England and why? A strong cold front, an unusually strong cold front for this time of year.

Check out the strong weather up in New England.. almost as strong as in Oklahoma?



So.. I am wondering why it seems more like Mid-August than it does Mid-July both here and across the Atlantic Ocean?

Otherwise...doing fine. We went for ice cream tonight. I got a kid size, no sugar added delicious caramel something covered with chocolate chips treat. And, when I got back from my walk I sat outside on the deck in the back yard and watched the fireflies dance about. I am wondering though if the fireflies disappear when the obnoxious crickets come out to rock and roll?

Don't know.. just learning.

But ...as the tropics go... keep an eye out in the Atlantic on the persistent, stubborn area that is hanging in there and could possibly continue to develop further. Maybe...


Oh...and don't forget the pretty crepe myrtle in all colors... something other than GREEN to look at!

Interestingly... Larry King is doing a story on JFK Jr who died 10 years ago. Amazing how ten years has passed. Amazingly, I was thinking on that night a few times recently. I'll never forget it.. stayed up with a friend.. let's call her Linda and she was talking about it and Martha's Vineyard and oh ... amazing late, long IM online. Amazing what you can remember. Amazing what you find while going through your things. A very sad night for so many, especially those who know that area well. Funny thing is ..about five years ago I was walking at night, looking up at the full moon and I remembered that IM almost perfectly. Go figure... Hey, I do have a life besides hurricanes and the tropics ..ya know ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home