Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, July 03, 2009

Flooding Rains & TWC



So, my best friend Sharon is right...that scroll is way too darn slow. By the time you get past the cords they give out and "..which can down small limbs" scrolling so slow you can fall asleep watching it.. by W time it gets to the real info your electric will go out from a close lightning strike!!

Was so hot today in Miami, I mean hot and sort of dry as the high pressure area to our east tries to move in and then the sea breeze and land breeze collide and wham, bam, thank you mam we have torrential rains and the whole sky turns deep purple.

It's grumbling again to my west as I type this, a deep guttural sort of grumble that bespeaks even more severe weather than I just saw.

My son in Aventura just called and asked me if there was a tsunami or something? There was 2 feet of flood water in Aventura parking lot and in Biscayne Blvd. While we were speaking the mini cooper in front of him stalled out and had to be pushed out of the street.




Barely any rain here at my house just to the south of Aventura.. a stunning rainbow came out and covered the sky.



This is Miami in the summer, in a rainy summer when people look heavenward and worry if the rains will spoil tomorrow night's fireworks.

God has his own fireworks tonight it seems.

As for me, personally speaking, I spent the day cleaning up the house, watching people take furniture that we put out on the street. Sort of like some reality tv show. Everyone inside is going "take the sofa, take the sofa" and when he does.. everyone cheers. I hope Juan and Maria enjoy the china cabinet.



It's amazing to pack up your life and watch bits and pieces sitting here and there, found treasures in the back of the closet my pink Boston Redsox hat, blue and white pom poms, old license plates and things left behind by the kids that they once loved but no longer want.



And, as the scroll goes 2303z 302DEG....and back to blue I notice they must have cancelled the severe thunderstorm warning.

From Cuba, New Mexico to Portland, Maine I wish all my closest friends and family a wonderful July 4th!

Stay dry... Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home