Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, September 12, 2005

RedSox Driving Me Crazy...and Post Katrina Wierdness

Click here: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/gamechannel?gid=250912114

There's a "break in action".. "middle of the 9th" ..........oh wow thought it was over.

Hate this.. sitting here watching the screen on the laptop.. yahoo's live game set up.. Staring at it like it's a tv and seeing it in my head.

And, this is You Know Who's Fault. Could scream. No words.

ADDICTED. lol thats funny if you think on it. Sick mind. That is also YKW's fault.

So... reading online message boards on Ophelia and Katrina..

So many views... possibilities. Too many questions and not enough answers.

This is worse that watching Marino and those 2 minute drills.

Darn...........we didn't score.

This post is about as live as it gets.

So... was a big day for me today. Had things I had to take care of and as my daddy taught me.. "you got to do..what you got to do" and sort of walk through things until they are over and done.
Everything I know I learned in Mrs. Grimm's Drama Class.

No rain tonight but distant thunder.

Feel much calmer tonight than I have in days. Thank God. Really.

Yesterday helped. Spent a good part of yesterday talking online to a friend who kept me going, letter by letter, song by song... minute by minute as the day drifted on.. lazily, amazingly... in and around watching the Dolphins win.

Could my mood be attributed to that first Dolphin Touchdown? How long we waited and waited last season...

Ophelia spins in circles, edging closer and closer to the coastline.

Katrina stinks in ways... one minute there are 10,000 bodies and the next we can't get the number up over 500 and they ordered body bags and set up morgues but no one can take photos? Shades of Bush and Iraq and the soldiers that died.. with their caskets not allowed to be shown.

Did people really get out? Did they sort of voodoo like decay into the waters... Are they hidden?

Did they wash out into Lake Ponchatrain?

I kept asking a friend.."where do they get this 10,000 number?"

Was like it was pulled out of a hat or something.

And, all those "found children" called "missing children" who no one has yet to claim. Lots of excuses but in the year 2005 and excuses don't cut it. Takes one agency to make copies of children..where they were found, send photos to a board... etc... even if the parents have been dragged around to different places.. each place should have files of the missing children.. or found ones..

Heartbreaking stories.

City decided wisely not to waste time and energy forcing people out of the high ground French Quarter.. for now.

Is it true the Mayor bought a home in Dallas? Now.. I can see sending his kids to school there... or renting but buying seems sort of permanent.

Rumors and rumors ...

Yesterday watched a news crew on MSNBC explain how the people in a boat near a house were trying to find someone inside.. and this heart breaking scene included a beautiful, big, black lab waiting patiently it seemed for his master's body to be brought out. Reporters went on and on filling audio space while they shot video live from a helicopter.. how the police are having such a hard time.. and military as they are NOT ALLOWED to help save the dogs.. go near them. They had been told NOT to approach them or help..something about dogs being in the toxic waters so long and how hard it is.. and all the while the poor pooch is watching, sniffing the ground.. while the reporter explains how sad it is they are forbidden to go near the dogs... they scoop up the dog.. get him into the little thing they were working on.. get the dog in the little boat and the boat moves down the river..street... with the dog.

Perfect example of miscommunication, assumption.. reporters meaning well and talking.. and not getting the story right.

They were there trying to save the black lab.. toxic water and all.........

So much hype.. hpyed up reporters on all channels talking breathy and rapid and looking for a story in the middle of the biggest story of the year for now.

Time will tell.

So... had a good day all in all.. did what I had to do and spent some extra time downtown. Got my college ID lol .. which makes me believe yes I should dye my hair blonde. Not happy being brown right now.

Watching game here. Had breakfast at Granny Feel Goods.. good coffee, sat.. relaxed.. later got something real to eat. Wandered around Bayside a little.. catching my breath and catching up with my life. And, then.. I went to work.

So... feeling calmer...sifting through things that I haven't been able to do while numbly in shock over every worse case scenario that could happen happening in NOLA.

Going out of my mind here... middle of 10th..

Now.. I need to settle down and figure out what I am going to do.

Going to watch the game.. on my laptop.. my magical laptop.. and pray "Gods Will Will be done" .. is that redundant? Well you know what I mean.

And..........looking forward to listening to some magical music later this week.

And, giving thanks.. for all I have.

Now if we could win the Red Sox game..........

Meanwhile.... watching the Monday Night Football Game... daughter Shayna lives in Philly and loves to watch Eagles games... And, I love football. I am impossible... can do anything in the world, hard labor..dishes, laundry.. anything as long as there is a football game on the TV. I must be one of the few people who feels it calms me.. stablizes me... I can breathe... Love football. Real .. southern girl sort of football fan.. Weather freak maybe... football is way too serous to freak about.. its like a good song from White Christmas sung by good old Danny Kaye... sigh.. Choreography! Yes..football is..

But, the Red Sox are driving me crazy tonight the way that Ophelia is aging forecasters up and down the Carolina coastline.

And.........................then my computer shut down.. froze.. had to save this post.. reboot, resign on.. get on in time to know we scored.. Not even sure who because... bottom line.. we won.

We really won! We won. I'm nuts. Someone after I am gone.. should write an Obit that will read "its their fault!" No, really ... just one person.. making me nuts and turning me into some freaking Red Sox fan..

Going to put on Stardust and relax.. unwind..watch the Monday Night Football Game. I like it, I love it.. lol.

Nothing like a victory of your favorite team to make the world seem just a little more sane.

Nite.. Bobbi
NOT rooting for Atlanta!
Nope... but will listen to Willie sing Georgia On My Mind..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home