Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Thundery Night In Miami.. Tornado Warning til 10:15

Well...for now. Storm seems off in the distance and maybe rolling by... grumble, grumble.. toil and trouble.

*********************
hmmmmm ... seems there is a tornado warning out.. somewhere near by though I think it's heading NW away from here. Wow.. looking at the radar just turns into one bright red-orange blob over us.

The tornado warning for northeastern miami dade county will be allowed to expire at 9:30.

Oh..good.. we seem safe from twisters and only will wonder on hail.

Tornado warning going to expire (aren't they so dramatic at nws??) but the severe weather warning is being extended.

Looks to be passing to my west
************************

So...back to the blog unless I have to get off fast...

Lit a candle. We do that since the storm faster than we did before. Power flickers these days as parts of the grid are still weak...everyone stops.. waits.. relieved when it holds.

Wanted to blog earlier but can't remember now what I wanted to write.

I was lying in bed.. half asleep.. unable to sleep late in the day and trying so desperately to fall asleep.. so many thoughts rolling around in my head. Gave up.. went out and made instant coffee, sat with younger son while he had shallos suedos.. 3rd meal of the Shabbos.. late afternoon snack.. leftovers. Teens came in and took more leftovers from the cholent in the crock pot.. still warm.

Long Shabbos, not a bad shabbos. Rained, poured.. heavy around lunchtime. Hit the house so hard everyone thought it was hailing.

Nice..calm give or take. Sat with my girls...they were in a good mood. Nice family moment on the sofa. A prism in time.

Nice to appreciate the small things.
.......................
Okay changed heading..who knew there was a tornado warning.

Back to the blog.. boy is this messy.

So... gave up trying to sleep and began reading through passages in Anais Nin's diary 1944-47. Can pick and read my way through there..

Kids came in.. annoyed the warning expired. Maybe we should bury it or something. Sorry.

Told them it will still thunder.. maybe hail..

So... read the diary a bit. Really great writing.. musing.. thoughts colliding and creating new thoughts on writing and life and creativity and music...

She writes about her brother having a calling for music.

I know men like that.

Why does music do that to men faster than women. Women want words, colors, feelings.. men love music.

Or is it only the men I love.. who love music like that?

Say it with music.. and they do.. he does.

All day that song was stuck in my mind... Baby Come To .. me... a song I don't need stuck in my brain ..erased by annoyances such as my Willie favorite "all of me, whey not take all of me.. " and song annoying in your face drawing of a dog named Rocky. Annoying commercial. Love the song... hoping it's not the same "all i want is a room somewhere chain"

Hey.. even poets need to make a living. Even screen writers need to get backing .. financial backing... Money Makes the World Go Round, the world Go Round the World Go Round.. Money Makes The World... Go round and round and round...

(give to the Red Cross)

it makes the world go round...

Come to the Caberet...... come taste the wine.. come hear the band.. come blow your horn start celebrating..right this way your table's waiting.

Life is a Caberet.

So... may go off a while.

Leave my thoughts on writing and lyrical prose and good alliteration..and funky names and the abiliity to properly convey a mood. Read some old letters from Linda. Not many here.. some.

OKAY...............TORNADO WARNING BACK.............
informed the kids... they heard

knew that would happen
they prematurely expired that tornado warning.. now if i knew that.. well

anyway

going to go off
stop talking to my crazy friend
red sox won last night.. got details

going to go take my nice red sox notebook they sent me and write by pen (i love pens) and re-light the candle.

He will survive without me. He is in a very creative mood. About as creative as I have seen in along while.. lost in some character only partially created and coming to life to life and love in beautiful ways... like watching a masterpiece coming together.. feeling it as they go.

What was that song... killing me softly with your song, killing me softly with your song

your words, killing me softly

aches inside

Baby Come to Me... Moonlight in Vermont lol

well...one of a few states on that cd...

going to put it on... the Willie one.. Stardust

stardust and moonbeams
dusty stars
lightning firing off in the distance

shake rattle and roll
let the good times roll tonight
email, cell phones... and Wicked Text Messages.. burning up the night

life in 2005

ouch that storm is getting closer

Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home