Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Not a Happy Camper.. Rita going WNW not W as I see it

I haven't yet found anyone who thinks Rita is going west but the cords for five and the discussion explains why they said West.

I don't buy it.

Storm has intensified a lot the last few hours as far a sat presentation.

Seems the mid-level circulation may have connected with the lower level one in which case the storm is stacked just right (think gorgeous girl or hunky guy) and it can continue intensifying fast if that happened.

Very annoyed because I think the NHC would prefer it to go west..stay low and avoid the upper Gulf Coast. Data can support such a hope. But, I don't think that's the case.

The high is too strong over the western gulf for me to believe this storm is going to make it that far.. storms tend to avoid highs and go to lows.

The only place there is any moisture and low pressure is to the west and wnw of the storm. Infact over Florida you can watch moisture slowly filtering down onto water vapor loops..over Florida from a strong low that was moving through Tx/Ok yesterday. I know cause I blink twice at least twice when I see a storm over Oklahoma.

So.. you look.. you tell me.

No..its not cause I am upset about the Dolphins losing.. not happy but figure we can beat them later in the season when Ricky Williams is playing and we have pulled together a little better and make less mistakes. Jets out played the dolphins. Plain and simple.

So.. you tell me... is it going west or not? Where is the center..

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/watl-wv-loop.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home