Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Will TD18 be Rita and Hit South Florida?

Good question. We all want to know. I'm wondering right now why I can't access my blog except on the create post page... maybe its a solar flare or something......

New models have the developing storm coming into the Keys.

I love the Keys. My family came from there or lived there way back in the 1800s.. I am on that level a conch. My grandma was conceived in Key West at the end of the 1890s. My great-grandmother's life was saved at the convent there by the Sisters of St. Mary.. Star of the Sea. So much of who I am comes from those two women. One I knew very well as she helped raise me and the other I feel in my head.. my heart.. my veins.. I can hear her and see her.

Southerners are great story tellers and my Grandma Mary was the best... she told so many stories of Key West and Tampa.. Quincy and New Orleans.. I miss her.

Will see hit? Probably as it is only a 3 day forecast as the crow flies... or the parrot.

I see TWC has rain over South Florida on Monday & Tuesday.

I was going to go to Key West on Tuesday, guess that is scrubbed now. Maybe.

I was going to go to Weight Watchers Tuesday night there.. really.. on Flagler.

My son Levi and his girlfriend Sarah are going tomorrow for the day.. his birthday. I asked her to go the grotto and light a candle.. will see if they do.. hope they do.

It's been a long night.

Started off beautiful, bright..lit up by a full moon peaking thorugh my windows. Remember thinking.. how funny... a full moon in Pisces yet (which should be good for me) and I'm not even upset.. depressed..nervous about anything. Boy, that was short lived. A product of wishful thinking and dreams that I try not to believe but can't stop believing.

Then reality set in.. and I realized what was really going on..again.. sort of like I did last year and the year before and the year before.. and reality bites hard and heavy even if it has been biting for years.. same time, same channel.. same game.

Well, I have a game too and it is tomorrow.. the Fins.. and I am planning on watching.

Then.. I will find out what is really happening with the depression.

Not my depression.. as Willie sings so beautiful.. you won't find me crying over you... great song.

Going to go to bed... I slept a lot this Shabbos so I am not all that sleepy.

And, I will say my prayers.. for Miami.. for Key West.. for those hurt and hurting somewhere for whatever reason.

And, I will pray with all my heart that someone finds me.. a truthful, honest soul.

And, I will pray and give thanks that the two people I disliked most.. or at least one (jury is out on the other) turned out to be one of the kindest, sweetest ... most wonderful people I have ever met in my life... somewhere, someone is very blessed to have such a soul in their life... wish I had such a soul in my life as something more than a friend but we are.. just friends.. and they have my friendship always. Go figure.. the supposed villain was an angel.. in the topsy turvey world of make believe... and for the Ojibwa.. he too was an angel beyond compare.

So... gonna take my little harp cd here and listen to it tomorrow... while burning cedar and sage and trying to relax.. while trying to believe ..

a few things in life have never failed me or disappointed me

One is Willie.. Willie Nelson
One is Writing..
One is Key West..

Not saying what the other one is but going to use it tonight.. and hope for sweet dreams of things unseen or of The Angel and the The Ojibwa.

And.. try not to think of anything else.

Because.. tomorrow is going to be 24/7 Rita.. I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home