Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Miami. 1 PM, Keys Have a Hurricane Watch

So. How does it feel to go through this all over again? Normal and sort of fated.

Went on automatic. Went out with my brother who filled up his tank with gas and went to WalMart for an early run on hurricane supplies.

It's warm outside ...hot.. and it has become breezy this morning. There is a strong easterly flow and clouds building all over.. maybe thunder heads.. but I think for now the flow is blowing the tops off of them. I can see the edge of 18 on the TWC's Local on the 8's satellite imagery.

Miami NE12
Pressure 30.00 and falling.

In the forecast for Monday evening to have high winds and gusts ... 25-35 so have to think seriously and can't laugh this off.

No mad rush to the store by most people the cereal aisle was decimated and not a lot of people buying produce.. paper aisle was trashed.. water being stocked fast on displays by store employees.

So.. going to watch the models. Clean the house. So .. I won't clean up the back room and throw things out on the side of the house... until I know it's not a problem. I won't go to Key West on Tuesday for Weight Watchers. I will continue filling out the job application for a job in the Keys and work on my resume. I will hope my kids bring me back the paper.. and go light the candle in the grotto like I asked them to.. I will eat healthy. I will drink water. I will clean my room.

I will watch The Weather Channel.

I will write out a check for charity... tzedakah.. myser.. tithe for this week.. send it out to those in need.

I'll watch the Dolphin Game.

Later... after the 5pm update.

Note on imagery 18 is begining to look as if she/he will have nice banding features.. and a very proper form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home