Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Wild Storms in Raleigh Yesterday. Low Range Possibilities Show Up on GFS .... Low Expectations. Summer... Where's the Beach?

 


Nothing expected short term ...
...many would say long term.
I take it day by day these days in the tropics.

Of note
1. old frontal system and storms that blew through Carolinas spinning up tornado warned storms and strong gusty winds with torrential rain yesterday. 

2. Odd possible fluff and stuff to the East of the huge High of darkness in the Atlantic.

3. Li'l tropical wave flirting with Central America could move up towards the Yucatan.

4. Wave Train riding on fumes, dry air and shear trying to shut it down but can't completely.


In motion EPAC hot the Atlantic is not.
Tho the Atlantic is not devoid of convection.
(seen it way drier in El Nino years)
But fronts...
..dipping down.


Close up look ....
..."close in" means close to the coast.
Better to the N of the 24th latitude.
Something to watch....
...low, low expectations.
But would never say never!

I will say the GFS lit up X yesterday.
Showed a hurricane in about 13 days ...
...near FL coast aiming at Carolinas maybe.
I mean it's the GFS but hey wakes us up.
GFS vaguely quieter today tho... 

Today I'm "back to normal" and husband is feeling better at work. House is cleaned up. Making something with ground meat for dinner, my internal food muse has not yet told me what I want to make so will see.


OMG incredible.
Didn't even taste like Greek Yogurt.
Creamy, perfect!
If you are ever there ... grab some.
Or whatever flavor you like.
I'm obviously dreaming on Fall.

Processing still all that went on this week in Bethel NY. Best yogurt I ever had from and still trying to catch up with weather and the world. It was actually nice in a way being vaguely off the grid, not listening to BREAKING NEWS or hearing news that's mostly agenda driven and not feeling upset I meant to watch a YT video or run some models.  But very back and happier that we are not high up in the 100s today as we were a few weeks back.


Have not watched it...
...but Caribbean is active geologically.
I have thoughts on that but another day.

Sweet Tropical Dreams
BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on X mostly weather.
elsewhere weather and what ever

Next up I need the beach.
I mean really need the beach.
Waiting for Summer tourists to leave ...
I'm a beach girl, raised near the water...
... allergic to tourists lol.
and loud crowds.
Just want to get my toes in the water...

Dina loves the water....
...she'll chase a line of storms for a pic.
Pic of her in NY taking pics :)



And I'll add it's my daughter Dina's...
...one of her favorite songs.
She blasts country in her car....
..driving through Brooklyn.

So going with this song.....
Know one of the best pics I ever got in a storm...
..was with her chasing this line of storms in NYC.
She lived in Bayswater... JFK was shut down


The green color in the water was hail.
she said "mommy it's hailing we have to go"
indeed.........wild day and we ran.
so now you know ....











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home