Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Updated 70% Chance of a Storm Forming E of FL in the 5 Day. The Watch is Now Official... Watching for Tropical Activity


70% chance of some sort of storm.
Tropical or Subtropical.
Stay tuned...

First model grid is out below.



Kind of tracing the coastline currently.
NE out to sea.
Where's Bermuda I'm wondering.
Current map has Bermuda near it's track.
But things change fast often.
Still too soon to be sure.
Below you see the flow.


The loop below.
Loop it.
It's a very busy loop.


I'll update in the morning.
Let's see how much faith the NHC has in this...
...becoming Arthur.
So far they seem sold on it.

Keep reading from earlier today...
...if you didn't do so then.

Sweet Tropical Dreams...
.... long day. I'm wiped!


Model Support for Area being monitored....
Again models change on every new run.
They are guides... suggestions.
Especially this far out without...
...an actual system.

Below May 16th...


Shows it trying to form still down below....

May 20th Euro... up and moving along.


May 18th Icon.
Off the coast of the Carolinas.
Looking healthy enough ...


May 12th... off SE coast.
Closed low.

I want to add one thing here.
Regarding the name Arthur....
We have seen more than 1 Arthur in this area.

A year I consider a personal analog for this year!

Arthur_RBTOP_20140701_0815_UTC.gif (720×480)

This is a loop of what became Hurricane Arthur.
In 2014.
So we see this area often breeds.....
........coastal cruisers!




I wrote about storm in ....
...yesterday's blog.
Chased rain bands on a NY beach.
Check out yesterday's blog.


Yes, I know there is a lot going on today.




I know it's hard to remember what day it is......
....or what season.
Snow the other day.
Tornadoes today.
Tropical event coming soon ... maybe?

Regarding the Hurricane Season of 2020..
No it is NOT Cancelled.
Sorry...
Everyone asks me the same thing...
...or they just say "no this can't happen now"


No.... I told my son it doesn't work that way.
I think when this is all done....
...we are going to need Zoomers Anonymous!
Because we are all on Zoom.
I'll update later tonight.
I'm actually involved in a Zoom Convention.
Yeah...that's a thing.

Normally I'd be in Myrtle Beach by Chabad.
Or speaking in Crown Heights by convention.
But no... I'm on Zooming it in this year.


Again this is a Special Tropical Weather Outlook.
Special as the season begins June 1st officially.

I wrote on this area yesterday so please, look back at yesterday's post about why I thought it was very possible we would be having an area to watch or an Invest soon off the SE coast. 

Again........this is the area I spoke on yesterday off the East Coast that is being watched for signs of development. You can read yesterday's blog below that explains why we have been watching this area and considering modeling solutions for the last few days. Yesterday I went with giving it a 20% chance in my mind and today the NHC has come on board with a 50% chance over the next FIVE days with zero chances for the next two days as shown above.



Sat view above and grid below.
You can go to www.spaghettimodels.com
...for more visual info!

Please read yesterday's blog as it has all the information on why and how this may be evolving. I'll update this blog later with current model information. Today's a busy day by me and I'm speaking later on this afternoon on a Zoom Convention for a holiday known as Lag B'Omer you can Google what that is but you might also want to Google information on how to prepare for the 2020 Hurricane Season that officially begins June 1st but might jump the gun early this year with the name Arthur. Time will tell. Make a To Do List now... please.



See you later.... 
...check back for updates.

BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter and Instagram

Will King Arthur pull a name out of this ocean?
Keep watching.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home