Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, November 11, 2019

Cold Front Dipping Down. Moisture in the Caribbean. Watching Models and Enjoying Fall in North Carolina.


500x500.jpg (500×500)

There's the convection in the tropics.
Watching it ... but also watching the front.

animate.png (768×496)

Winter Precipitation on the move.

Short blog today, longer one Tuesday.
I just wanted to point out....
...officially the Hurricane Season is over.
Though I am admitting I keep watching for snow in NC.

A forecast on www.windy.com for Tuesday.
Hmmmn



Autumn is falling into Winter.



Check out that invasion from the North of cold air as the pattern of life happens. Today it was in the high 60s in Raleigh with bright sunshine, the top down on my friend's bright red convertible as we enjoyed watching the colorful scenery as maples and oaks are finally changing colors in Raleigh. I'm still watching the tropics but I'm not expecting anything to happen; perhaps I'm just using reverse psychology on Mother Nature? In general today most people are watching the parade of cold fronts moving fast with reinforcing cold fronts behind them. They just sweep a long, fast, furious and then the next one appears. Not expecting snow in Raleigh but up in the mountains snow is very possible. As for me I got out and about today with a friend, played in Sephora, tried on winter coats and dreamed of new boots while praying to see snow.


allfcsts_loop_ndfd.gif (799×559)

The Packers beat the Panthers yesterday though I want to say Mother Nature had a vote in that game, as playing the Packers in a snow storm is like trying Napoleon trying to take Russia and then the winter sets in. You can Google that, it didn't end well for the visiting army. I love the Panthers, it's a mixed year of wishing Cam Newton was playing, loving Christian McCaffrey and watching Kyle Allen do his best and that isn't bad and put on a good show. But what amazed me the most was how it reminded me of being a little girl watching those games teams Up North played on fields of white with the fans bundled up in layers, their faces covered with scarves looking alien to anything I had ever seen in the Orange Bowl in Miami. Now that I live in North Carolina, I'm guilty of watching models for snow more than late season development in the tropics.

That said.... there is some discussion of brief possibilities as there should be nwhen a front makes it down to South Florida than hangs out in tropical waters. You can check out the models yourself, I'll post more tomorrow depending on if the models continue to show any slim possibilities.

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/ecmwf-opertc2.cgi?time=2019111112&field=Sea+Level+Pressure&hour=Animation

hicbsat_None_anim.gif (768×496)

You can't ignore it.
But excuse me if I don't obsess on it.
But I will talk on it tomorrow.
Tuesday Morning.

Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter and Instagram.
Twitter is mostly weather.
Instagram... weather, make up, life...



Ps... Below is the snow scene in Green Bay where home field advantage especially when the snow begins to take over the show. That's just a crazy amount of snow for early November, but it's Up North SNOW... let's see what if anything the South gets tomorrow!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home