Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, September 04, 2014

New Invest 40% Chances .... Needs to keep rolling... like me ;) in NY



jsl_lalo-animated.gif (720×480)

This is a moving illustration of why the new Invest known as 90L has lost it's model support. There is some model support and it's chances are 40% for develop in 5 days time, but that would be after it is able to regain the convection it came off the coast with . . .

Has a nice look actually. A nice spin. Shape is good, even the convection that was there seems to be centered well inside the pocket....  but.... there is only one small intense cell where there was a great ball of convection.

Note it's called "Great Balls of Fire" not a "poof of fire" ...



Yup... needs a great ball of convection to get the models excited ...

Nothing out there today to get really excited about either in black or white... white or black it's all the same not much there.

sat_wv_east_loop-12.gif (640×512)

Funny how some things surprise you in life. Got to go to a wedding for a friend's daughter yesterday in Crown Heights totally by accident or meant to be I suppose.  I saw her in July at another family wedding and she said "maybe you'll be here when my daughter gets married" and gee seems I was so go figure. I was in 770 on Eastern Parkway for 20 minutes and came out and my husband wasn't where he was supposed to be and I remembered him saying with a smile they were setting up for a wedding. Many of my friends get married outside the synagogue there and then go across the street to the big hall for the reception. My son did that on a cold day in January once ... was so cold, but so wonderful. I walked around the side and there he is near Benny Friedman and I hear them say Manis and I look up and well Bracha was right I was here to see her daughter get married. We were late for sushi in Flatbush for a family reunion but we stayed. I ran into several old good friends and smiled. It's one of those only in Crown Heights stories that is hard to explain to the rest of the world. Once upon a time Bracha and I were the only Miami girls in Crown Heights. Times have changed and now there are girls from all over the globe on any given day learning in Seminary, working, living... living.



I was at the Ohel yesterday on the way to drop my stepson off at JFK and as I walked in there was tape of the Rebbe talking on how you have to live your life with joy and vigor. LIVE... not just exist. So true.  You can google all these terms... like Ohel or 770 but it's my other life when I'm not doing four or five things at the same time aside from writing about weather. Seems that's why God made me a multi-tasker.

Life is just funny. A fast pit stop in Crown Heights to run into 770 and pray, to buy a few special books on Kingston and a new scarf for the holidays and after wondering why 770 was so quiet I run into friends I've known since I was 17 and some who are so intricately tied to my life and my family's life it's impossible to explain. It's a kriss kross sort of artistic work of life in progress in real time with the old reconnecting with the new and making new designs every day.



It's like chopsticks and french fries in a sushi restaurant. Something for the kiddies to eat while you teach them to eat sushi with chopsticks because one day they may end up in Taiwan working on shlichos or live in Miami Beach and need to know these things.


See this is life.................


Some days it rains...some days it pours. Some days you spend too much time in Crown Heights Judaica and you end up making the wedding you told your friend you would not be in town for..

Watched the moon rise last night with my daughter on Breezy Point Drive and watched the tides this morning in Motts Basin or maybe it's Norton Basin.. a lot of Basin's up here...

Why are there so many words for "water" in English. Sounds, bogue, bay, basin... the list goes on but they all provide one thing... a sense of life flowing and wonder..


We went back last night to Bayswater and put everything in the freezer it seemed on the grill. Lamb, veal, steak and chicken wings. I had some Maple Crown Royal that I am going to use for the High Holidays this year and sat, talked and relaxed.

While all this life is going on.... those stupid waves in the Atlantic cannot figure out how to roll and convect at the same time. So, I'm here blogging about life... 

A jam packed trip to New York where I went to a family party in Williamsburg (got family there now it seems) and Crown Heights and all about to hit the road again. 

Waiting for Edouard to finally make up his mind and figure out how to spin somewhere in a basin somewhere soon... the Atlantic Basin.



Is this Edouard? Maybe... has an incredible shape wearing a pale blue paisely sort of shirt with some green in it this morning. Now all it has to do it walk, talk, roll, convect and intensify and keep on going. But........not too fast or it will turn NW too fast out to sea and be a has been before it really got to get going. And, larger systems take longer to get going it seems.

Where will I be tonight posting on the blog? Not sure... got a few things to do today, places to go and people to see and will figure out if we spend the night on a beach in Maryland or the Outer Banks... not sure... time will tell. 

Besos Bobbi 



(went shopping in my daughter's wardrobe for a trip to Williamsburg. She said the dress was too baggy but looked good... was right for the occaission...... wondering what else I can steal from her closet before I leave... and leave her with things... it's that stealing, sharing or borrowing??? It's LIFE... )







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home