Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Cold Toes in Miami

No..not cold feet.. just toes.. the sky is deep blue and there is a sparkling sunshine here but in the evening it gets suddenly really cold!

How am I going to do up north in the winter I wonder..and then remember I will have someone to warm my toes ;)

And.. you dress warmer (I'm still stubbornly in tank top here) and there is a fireplace and heat and no jalousie windows!

Been watching debates in tropical circles on off season topics while cyclones named Fanele dance far away on the other side of the world. I wanted to post a bit on that but seems I had to go look for a dress. I would rather ride out a Category 3 Hurricane than have to go to the Mall shopping! Storm chasing is EASY compared to that trust me. Noise, so much noise and not talking about the roar of the wind but rather music wafting in at you from 20 different stores, some incessant beeping that sounds like the whole Mall is going to explode or take off for Mars any minute! Dresses in evening wear made for women not from this planet I am sure (does anyone really want to wear silver taffeta with strange collars and buckles on a dress? I don't think so. Lots of black dresses.. lots of red ones and when did green become the big color? I missed that one. Celery. Lime. Asparagus. Olive. And, there are a lot of eggplant shade gowns on sale as well. It feels like you are trying to build a salad rather than find elegant evening wear. I did try on a pretty white prom gown that made me look like a dance hall bride out west and needed too many alterations.. such as adding a top..sleeves...

Anyways... suffice it to say.. my toes are cold in Miami and ain't no one here to warm them :(

Enjoy the song.. great pics someone put together from their life.. not my life but someone's life.




Gotta go.. seems I need cream colored chiffon from Little Havana!

Besos Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home