Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Hurricane Security Alert Goes Orange... NHC Watching the Tropics




Go figure that one. Even got a number 96L even if it doesn't become a TD we weren't just whistling Dixie watching it for so long. Just before I fell asleep last night a friend emailed me that they made an invest, I smiled, giggled and sort of fell asleep.





Reminds me of the classic song.. Do it to me one more time... every time you think the season is really over... another one forms and it keeps going on. Til the rain stops in the Caribbean.. it's not over, not yet. Do it to us one more time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iHDy95NPhc

Really.... Been watching this for days now as it had potential despite very negative conditions throughout the majority of the Tropical Atlantic Basin. But, as they say in real estate and tropical weather.. location is everything.

It sat and sat and now may become a numbered depression or even the R storm though I think that would be stretching it a bit. I think this going to R is about even odds with the Dolphins getting into the playoffs. I might give the Fins a higher chance actually. Good young team learning the ropes whereas this system here is down on the ropes and is running out of room. How long can it sit? If it goes west it rains itself out. If it develops a bit it could pull further north. There is some divergence from the models on what it could do. But, hey the fact that the models are even playing with it is sort of amazing.

So..here are some pics and the official statement from the NHC:

"THERE HAS BEEN LITTLE CHANGE IN ORGANIZATION DURING THE
PAST SEVERAL HOURS BUT THERE IS STILL A POTENTIAL FOR A TROPICAL
DEPRESSION TO FORM DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO IF THE SYSTEM REMAINS
OVER WATER.
REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT A TROPICAL CYCLONE
FORMS...HEAVY RAINFALL AND LOCALIZED FLOODING WILL BE POSSIBLE OVER
PORTIONS OF PANAMA...COSTA RICA...AND NICARAGUA DURING THE NEXT
COUPLE OF DAYS."

Some important pics:



Models on 96L



You can easily see it sitting down there..pretty picture, love this view. :)



Loop to watch: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/watl/loop-avn.html

Prettiest loop and the one that shows you really how this developed and stayed in the game. There has been a nonstop flow down low across the Atlantic giving it one shot after another of warm, tropical moisture feeding into this system.

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/tpw2/global/main.html

So... will it or won't it? Not sure.. keep watching. In Miami it rained this morning, a soft gentle rain that fed the flowers and glistened the pavement. My daughter asked me twice, you SURE it's not going to be cold today? In Miami this time of year we do the Miami Strip. We leave the house bundled up, the sun comes out.. we take our layers off. Enjoy the noonday warmth, walk around like we are living in the tropics and then late in the day when the sun goes down early we bundle back up again. I told her she did NOT need a heavy sweat jacket. Glad her little hoodie had a little hoodie cause not sure she got to work before the sun shower. Good thing the younger daughter didn't straighten her hair... never would have heard the end of it. You may all think my job is to give a heads up for tropical development and to muse on the news. Nope, not in my house.. the number one question of the morning is: "is it gonna rain, should I straighten my hair" only followed with "Is it cold enough to wear my boots?"

Life in the fast lane...

Got to run.. I AM doing my hair ;) and I am running out of time.

Could this be Rene or just a numbered Invest? Don't know..has to get off it's fence and make a decision. As for me.. I'm getting dressed and going to work, down to South Beach. It's a tough life but hey someone's gotta do it. Who knows where I'll be working next year this time?? Where ever I am working or living I will be watching the tropics and the loops.

Watch the loop to this great song by a great singer...

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/tpw2/global/main.html




Besos Bobbi ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home