Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tropical Update...

There are no storms and no storms are expected to form.

Why? Because you see those fronts draped across the basin... they are signs of things to come and even though there is a small drop of color down near Cuba, it won't form but will just ride the front out to sea. It is possible though not probable that a storm can still form at the end of an old stalled front. But, for today... we are celebrating a cold front and the change of seasons. As the jets raced over my house on their way to Dolphin Stadium it occurred to me how low the clouds were outside...how wintery it looks in ways. I turned the AC off, opened the windows and told the kids to take the fan out of the sukkoth.

But, I wanted to share a few tropical tidbits though while sitting through one of the many commercials in the Dolphin Game.

http://www.hurricanes-blizzards-noreasters.com/1766hurricane.html

This was posted by Fred at www.hurricanecity.com on the message board. Excellent read, worth reading and thinking on..

And... on www.flhurricane.com there is the topic "Back to Slow" which is .. well said in my opinon.

Enjoy the slow... sometimes things form this time of year but it has been my feeling we are ahead of time by almost a month and I think Omar's track was more a November Storm.

Going back to watching Ricky Williams run... and enjoying the game, the season I am in and keep watching those satellites but this is a good illustration of why October is usually All Over... but just remember the season does not end until November 30th... officially anyway.

I'll post as time allows... have some pretty pics from NC...




And.. yes I brought home colored leaves which sit near my conch shells!

Go Ricky Go... good to move on, forgive and live and let live :)

Besos Bobbi
Ps.. Pennington and Porter aren't bad either ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home